Ecoboost Owner Forums

Got up early Saturday, washed the SHO, then took a long solo drive.....

My drive was long enough to listen to All of Pink Floyd's "The Wall" - disc 1, and part of disc 2.

I was happy yet dissapointed. Now I dont know if I should spend money one performance for the engine, or fix the so so sound system.

Even with the Sony system that comes with the MFT, the audi just does not do the job.

So do I spend $1k on software fpr the ECU and a CAI, or $1k in fixing the stereo?

Comes down to personal choice but I would rather give up my sound system entirely than give up my powertrain tune.

Me too. I can listen to tunes at home. My car is about driving and I want to hear the moan of the engine and the snarl when the turbos are called upon.

I want to hear the moan of the engine and the snarl when the turbos are called upon.

And I like hear my wife screaming, "You're gonna break it! SLOW DOWN! Are you trying to give me whiplash when you take off like that? You act just like you did when you were 18!" :yo:

Of course if we factor in wife's screams......maybe .....turn up the music a bit more.

This car is my DD' date=' and music is just as important to me as performance. I can legally enjoy the music in the car much more than i can the cars performance so thats what i'd mod first. Plus its no like the car is slow stock.[/quote']

Pretty much my thoughts. My car is my escape from life. Both family and work. I am a huge music fan, but the "go fast" part of the car is important as well.

Pretty much my thoughts. My car is my escape from life. Both family and work. I am a huge music fan' date=' but the "go fast" part of the car is important as well.[/quote']

Take it from someone who just got done racing their SHO this past weekend, and is ready to mod. I'd still have the stereo first. I've already price out a nice Infinity replace system.

GO Blues. Your lucky to be STL. Kevin did a great job on mine, down to carpeting the enclosure to match the trunk carpet. Look at my profile to see a pic of what he did. It's bolted down great, doesn't move & too boot your have somebody that knows the SHO inside out.

mikev

I noticed a couple of things with the Sony system. First, you have to dial the mid range waaaaay back. Second, Sirius "digital quality" just plain sucks, virtually any other digital format (CD, thumbdrive, phone, etc) sounds far better. The bass response of my system has increased dramatically as the cones have broken in. So much so that I haven't installed my sub yet even though I had the power wire ran at the dealership.

I cannot stress enough how important the signal source is with this system!

• 4 weeks later...
Replace it with the THX that comes on the Lincoln ;)

I do have to say, I continue to be impressed with that system. We have BOSE in the Enclave and it doesn't hold a candle. The SHO Sony sounds great IMO, unless you listen to the THX II side by side, then it just sounds good. Ford is really doing an injustice by not offering THX II on it's top of the line flagship sedan.

Simple, instead of 1000 and 1000, Give me $500, and livernois $600. Stereo will sound a ton better, and you can buy a SCT with tune files from livernois. Total cost. $1100.

With $500, I can do a couple different options for subs. Most choose 2 10 inch Alpine Type Es, or a single 12 Type S sub, Alpine Amp, Kicker wiring, and labor.

If you want to go one step further, you can copy my setup, get a nice powerful 2 channel amp, or bridge a 4 channel to the front doors, and do a great set of Components. I personally have a Hertz HSK 165 XL's. They are not cheap, but speakers can always be removed and reinstalled into the next car. So I always buy 6.5s or 7s, and build adapters to fit which ever car they are going into this time around.