Ecoboost Owner Forums

Anyone planning on going to the Ford Nationals at Carlisle?

scott13SHO

Anyone else going?

It the largest Ford (Lincoln/Mercury) show in the country! The close hotels sellout a year in advance, but there are still some within a half hour drive.

Here's a link that has FAQs. it's from a Merkur site but applies to everyone. http://www.merkurclub.com/carlisle2013/info_pages/faq.htm

I normally park right outside the gates for 5-10 dollars. There is parking on the streets but they fill up fast and you have to walk a distance if you get there late. Since I am normally buying parts I want to park close, so I don't have to lug it all the way back to the car.

Hey all - It would be pretty cool if we could all meet up...I can do Friday or Saturday!

Maybe we need a club tent?

Mark

That's just what I was thinking, if we had a club area, it would be good to have a banner, but if we had a club area, I think I could probably make it, at least for one day.

Just contacted Carlisle about the Ford Nationals and they will be sending a club planning kit. Since I only live about an hour from Carlisle, I'm hoping I will have all the info before the week-end. I will update once I receive the info, concerning prices and other info. This could be a great week-end in early June and chance to meet other members. I did find out that if we want a tent, they have them available for rental. I believe I have a sunroom available and if this comes together, we should be able to come up with enough cover to keep people out of the sun, but I don't think we really need a tent.

If we're gonna try to do a mini-meet out of this' date=' I'm going to go ahead and plan to go on Saturday.[/quote']

Hold off for a few days before making any plans, once I get the kit, hopefully it will tell me what we have to do to get and infield club area, and since I'm only an hour away, I should have the info by Friday if Carlisle gets it in the mail today or tomorrow early.

There has been in the past yrs at Carlisle a club tent. Usually around $125.00. If we get more than 20-25 cars preregistered there is no cost for the tent. We have pitched in money for the tent if not enough SHO's show up. Usually Terri H form SHOforum gets the tent, but not sure about this yr. The last couple of years the SHO's have dwindled down, and last year they split up the SHO classes, not sure why on that. Its always a good time, Im hoping to be there but depends on work and if my G3 is back running. Would be nice to put a face to names from the forum here.

There has been in the past yrs at Carlisle a club tent. Usually around $125.00. If we get more than 20-25 cars preregistered there is no cost for the tent. We have pitched in money for the tent if not enough SHO's show up. Usually Terri H form SHOforum gets the tent, but not sure about this yr. The last couple of years the SHO's have dwindled down, and last year they split up the SHO classes, not sure why on that. Its always a good time, Im hoping to be there but depends on work and if my G3 is back running. Would be nice to put a face to names from the forum here.
Just got an e-mail from them today, they are supposed to be sending me info next week.

No, I got the e-mail from them saying they were mailing it, and I only live an hour and 1/2 away from Carlisle, I'm really puzzled as to why I haven't gotten it yet...but I have not checked the mail today. Will let everyone know ASAP when I receive it.

Most of use have just been showing up. If you want judged I would say get there very early Sat., if not it takes you awhile to get in. Im just hoping the stock and modified class are next to each other. FYI the dyno is back this year, not sure if its setup for AWD cars. Mjhpadi what day are you planning on going, if all goes well for me, knock on wood, I'm planning on heading down Friday.