Ecoboost Owner Forums

Anyone planning on going to the Ford Nationals at Carlisle?

scott13SHO

Sadly, I have received the club planning kit from Carlisled about 30 minutes ago. While the kit details hotels, attractions, places to eat, and event schedule along with a list of 2013 events it DID NOT include any information or obtaining an infield space as a club, cost for the space, or any other information about attending the event as a club. I have sent them an e-mail explaining my concerns and the lack of information that I expected to receive...so sorry, still no idea about what is required to get a club space or how many cars are required....if I get any other info I will pass it along, but as of this point I am not very happy with the Carlisle people. I mean I requested this info on April 24th and just received it on May 15th! Heck, I would have been better off driving down and going to the office and picking up the kit...and then I could have asked questions. But knowing my luck, the office is probably not open during the week or week-ends.......

I know that we used to use Liberty SHO Club in the past to preregister or to register Fri/Sat. Nothing has been posted on the other forum as to what club they are using. Sorry couldnt be more helpful. Yeah Carlisle can be a pain sometimes to deal with, we have had issues with them in the past. I do know that the more cars the preregister we get a better spot on the show field.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Paul is going to upload more photos for us, but, here is a photo I took of some of the SHO's in attendance. We had 6 of the 10-12 models and 1 2013 in attendance. I think Paul & I were the only ones from this forum. There were 2 late 80's SHO's, 1 early 90's, and 2 late 90's V8 SHO's.

From what I understood, the SHO attendance is down.

This is the Ford Nationals, so, Ford had several demo's and tents setup. They were giving rides in the Raptor through a muddy course. Monster had a Mustang they hammered all day on Saturday giving rides around a course and drifting. Ford had several courtesy cars around the fairgrounds giving rides (Flex/CMax/Explorer). Saleen and Roush were there as well as what looked to be well over a thousand Mustangs.

Next year I hope we can get a club tent and have more folks in attendance. I think we were even outnumbered by the Lincoln Continental folks.

Mark

Shoot, if I would have known I could have been on the infield with you guys, I would have been there....but to park outside and walk in is just too much walking for me. I do have the info for getting a club...maybe if we start now just doing the initial stuff, we can get it arranged and have a bunch of guys show to next year.

Where were the SHO's set up? I was there most of the day Saturday (10-3) and I didn't see any SHO's besides the Red 2010-12 model that parked behind my 2013.

When I go again I'm def paying to park inside...I'm sore from walking all over the place and then doing yard work (putting Mulch down) Sunday!

Where were the SHO's set up? I was there most of the day Saturday (10-3) and I didn't see any SHO's besides the Red 2010-12 model that parked behind my 2013.

When I go again I'm def paying to park inside...I'm sore from walking all over the place and then doing yard work (putting Mulch down) Sunday!

Even if you park inside, it's still alot of walking! I normally park just outside Gate 2 or 7. For 5-10 bucks you basically park right outside the gate, which makes it easier to tote parts back to the car. The Taurii (Tauruses) were between gate 3 and the Turnpike. I thought that there would be a bigger turnout for them though.

Even if you park inside, it's still alot of walking! I normally park just outside Gate 2 or 7. For 5-10 bucks you basically park right outside the gate, which makes it easier to tote parts back to the car. The Taurii (Tauruses) were between gate 3 and the Turnpike. I thought that there would be a bigger turnout for them though.

I must have missed them...so many damn Mustangs there...I've never seen so many before! LOL

I think I'll be going back next year...

Yeah, but if we have a club area, we can park in that and just hang there most of the day...and only do the walking that I want to do. At least that's how it worked when I was there with Ford Truck World several years ago. And I also got to park inside when I worked with Adam's Polishes....which really helped cut down on the walking, especially now that I'm older and knees are much worst..

Where were the SHO's set up? I was there most of the day Saturday (10-3) and I didn't see any SHO's

I must have missed them...so many damn Mustangs there...I've never seen so many before! LOL

I think I'll be going back next year...

Kinda nice once you see all the Mustangs to know that the SHO is a much lower production, and more desirable car....but, don't get me wrong...I still lust after another GT-500.

Talked with Terri H about the tent, she got burnt one year so she hasn't been paying up front for the tent. Also the tent will get us a better location too. Terri and I talked about next year cause it's the 25th ann. of the SHO. Carlisle official said its up to FORD as to what happens at the 2014 Nationals, but we all can send a message to FORD that might help the do sometime for the SHO next year. Preregistration helps with the tent as to getting a free one, and I'm bad at that cause of my work and I understand why some don't. When next years comes around I will be asking here and at the other forum to kinda get a count for the tent and let Terri H know, so she can pay for it, then we just split the cost with her. I also hope to have a newer SHO (2010-2012) plus the 98 for next yr. Still was nice to see everyone.

Good idea Mike, about a new thread for 2014...Hint(maybe we could get Rick to attend)! @bamsho...not sure who Terri H is, but if I can help with communications, let me know, as I said, I'm fairly close to Carlisle and I'm not opposed to doing some leg work if necessary to make sure we get a decent area, and if we could get a tent, that would be awesome. Also, since most of the hotels close are filled, as time gets closer maybe I could get some deal from one of the motels in my area, since they are far enough away from the show to not get much business, again, just an idea if those who are coming from a distance don't mind a motel/hotel that's about an hour drive from the show. We can do all those arrangement stuff closer to the show, but if we want to start on a club area on the infield and a tent...let me know if you want me to do anything...I'm sure the date for next year isn't set in stone yet.

We were over the hill past the Focus and Merkur groups.

We were over the hill past the Focus and Merkur groups.

Really? On the downside or upside (towards the Raptor drives/Road Course)? I was taking photos of the Euro Fords and Merkurs too!

Only Taurus I saw was over by the other fullsized Fords that where from the 1950s...I'd be def down for a meetup next year!