Ecoboost Owner Forums

Most "useless" feature on your SHO or MKS

I like the rear shade, especially when the sun is behind me. It also seems a bit more private. I think it would be most useful for rear seat passengers on trips, though.

My only complaint is that the car doesn't get particularly warm in the winter, I have to switch from Auto to manual mode to get good heat blasting.

I like the shade too. My windows are tinted and putting up the shade makes it even darker.

Useless features?

1. The ambient color choice lighting. I like the lighting, but don't need color choices.

2. The paddle shifters. Its not that much fun and shifting myself, I can never get 0-60 times as fast as the car does on it's own.

I'm okay with the Paddles. They certainly aren't faster and are clearly no substitute for a proper Hurst-shifted manual tranny, but on the twisty hilly roads of Western Pennsylvania I am able to get a little more engaged driving the car and controlling the shifts.

I find the trunk design comical. It's huge... but the mail-slot opening really limits its usefulness.

I guess for me it's the Collision Avoidance. I have been tempted many times to disable it but haven't quite done it yet. That jolting sound and flashing light when you know the car up ahead is in the process of turning and will not be there in a second or two seems to be more irritating than helpful. But you never know.......So it's still active.

I guess for me it's the Collision Avoidance. I have been tempted many times to disable it but haven't quite done it yet. That jolting sound and flashing light when you know the car up ahead is in the process of turning and will not be there in a second or two seems to be more irritating than helpful. But you never know.......So it's still active.

Reduce it's sensitivity, and it wont be so annoying.

I like the sunshade too, the coverage is good and it keeps the car cool in the hot sun. I too have my windows tinted dark and it further darkens the inside.

I'd have to say the most useless feature is the Jukebox function. Who is going to buy a CD and rip it to their car? I'd much rather be able to copy music files to the Jukebox from the USB port or via Bluetooth.

I like the sunshade too, the coverage is good and it keeps the car cool in the hot sun. I too have my windows tinted dark and it further darkens the inside.

I'd have to say the most useless feature is the Jukebox function. Who is going to buy a CD and rip it to their car? I'd much rather be able to copy music files to the Jukebox from the USB port or via Bluetooth.

Sun shade. Self park is mostly useless, but if you can find only a tight parallel parking spot, it's nice, as it'll get it on the first try. Mine pulls in fast though, it's a little scary.

Oh and paddle shifters. Especially after the livernois tune.

Funny how one man's junk is another man's treasure. Todd and I usually agree on about everything but not so much this time. I used the sunshade once - at the dealership when I bought the car - just to see if it worked. I agree the various ambient lighting colors are useless. Just set it to red and leave it. I use the paddles a lot. I do not use them for maximum acceleration but I like them just to prevent unneeded and unwanted up and down shifting since I am a control freak.

I never use the automatic setting for climate control - again because I am a control freak. The little pass-through into the trunk is useless to me. In fact, I added a bunch of insulation behind it and covered the door with fabric that matches the interior color because I don't like black plastic. I think there is a special place to put a key fob but I never use it since I carry the fob - so that special place is useless. The original standard floor mats are pretty useless, too. The rear portion of the MKS moonroof is useless to me - in fact, I could get along fine without the moonroof at all. I use the tilt feature occasionally in the spring and fall but I never open the slider all the way.

I love the front and rear parking sensors, the adaptive headlights, the auto dim feature, the rain sensing wipers, the power tilt/telescope wheel and about everything else.

I like the sunshade, collision avoidance, find them both useful. I really think the auto high beams is a completely useless thing on almost all cars, I have yet to see one that works correctly, dims when there is the rear of a car in front of them in the distance, but still close enough to be bothered by someone's high beams in the rear view mirror, aahhh but enough of my rant...:yell:

You can set it to low sensitivity. I found that setting much better, since I am paying attention to the cars in front of me anyway.

I second the active park assist..a really lame brain idea on all cars. If you can't park the %^$^* thing then you shouldn't be driving it. Period. And, the collision avoidance system. On a two lane highway, in Wyoming, with one of those two mile long coal trains running next to me the ^&&*&( kept going off and braking the car. It's a wonder a semi didn't take us out. I wasn't aware you could adjust it. Tomorrow morning, first thing or it gets shut off. The sun shade is fine, especially on really bright days, with snow. It cuts down on the glare. And, I used the paddle shifters during a recent trip to Colorado, in the mountains, in snow. They worked fine. I liked having the control and not depending on the auto.

One thing, I wish they, all American car companies, would relocate the oil filter to the top of the engine. What a joy. I changed the oil on my wife's Jeep GC, which has the MB/Chrysler V6 engine. I use a vacuum pump, and drain the oil through the dip stick tube, and change the filter located on top of the engine, right in front. No muss, no fuss. Her VW 2.0T was the same way.

i thought the same thing, but its actually saved my wife and i twice. both times we where fiddling with the navi and werent paying attention. whew and thank god for CA system.

I second the active park assist..a really lame brain idea on all cars.

I get where you're coming from, but I actually love the active park assist. I have never owned a car that fills up an entire parking space front-to-back so it is still difficult for me to judge the distance to the rear bumper. At work I back up into a brick building so the last thing I want to do is bump that. The beeps get me in about the exact same spot every time.

The most useless feature for me is the rear seat leg room sacrificed to create space in the trunk that I can't reach without getting into the trunk.

I agree. For as big as these cars are, you would think there is plenty of room to move around inside. However I have had the trunk completely full a couple times and I gotta admit that the massive trunk is very handy when you need it.