Ecoboost Owner Forums

Close or no chance?

Close friend has a 2011 CTS-V, stock except for K&N filters. After I get the tune this week, would it be close or no? Except for the down pipe I have every bolt on.

Airaid CAI, Custom exhaust w/ Magnaflow mufflers, SSQV BOV, H&R springs, Reische 170 Thermostat, Lexani 22' R-Fives on Toyo Proxes 4's

Off the line because of your AWD you will own him until almost 1/8 me or 60-80 mph... After that you will get raped.

On 1/4 mile your car should trap at about 108-110 mph, his at 120+mph. He has 556hp and your car has about 450. Your car being a AWD has more drivetrain loss so on highway you have less power at wheels. Finally, his car weights less than yours.

So different league, but at the light mu money is on your car.

Be prudent and report back!

BHP ratings are actually 565 for the CTS-V's.

I kept a comfortable 2 car distance the entire 1/4mile when I raced a lightly modded '09 V at last Summer's National SHO Convention.

Not sure what would've played out in the long run. :noidea:

I would suspect your 22" wheel/tire pkg is actually going to be a hindrance, rather than a benefit to your set up.....

But yes, report back.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

556 bro....

Traction again is a key factor.

Mike, you had methanol which brings your car near or over 500 hp... It narrows down the difference.

I stand corrected, you are right Steve, 556bhp.

I should've known with you being the #'s guru that you are :doh:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Actually, come to think of it..... this was PRE-catless downpipes, as well as PRE-custom dyno tune during these videos / runs.....

I think I was running the canned meth tune file, stage 4, from LMS if I'm not mistaken......

So, I believe the slaughtering I handed down would've been even messier..... hahahaha.

As long as its respectable I don't mind losing. I have driven his car and the way they both sit now, I wouldn't have a chance. Waiting for the tune to make the car come alive with all the mods. The CTS-V is a very nice ride, its just too small for me.

Without the tune, don't do it. With the tune, you will not be embarassed and as stated above may take him to 60. LOL at "do it on a rainy day" or "cut his supercharger belt".

CTS-V is about 4.0 seconds to 60. I recorded four (G-tech) consistent 4.51 - 4.56- second runs this weekend with a full tank of gas and my 13 (almost 14) year old son in the passenger seat. Remove 1/2 tank of gas and my son, and have a less than 100% perfect launch from the V, and you may have him to 60. Get rid of your 22s and your chances further improve. Also as stated, the V will walk you nearing triple digits and beyond.

"I would suspect your 22" wheel/tire pkg is actually going to be a hindrance, rather than a benefit to your set up....."

This....

Bad move on your part if you are looking for performance GAINS. Look for 19"-20" Einke Raijins, I believe they are at least 10 lbs lighter per wheel than stock, thus improving your performance.

"I would suspect your 22" wheel/tire pkg is actually going to be a hindrance' date=' rather than a benefit to your set up....." This.... Bad move on your part if you are looking for performance GAINS. Look for 19"-20" Einke Raijins, I believe they are at least 10 lbs lighter per wheel than stock, thus improving your performance. [/quote']

I still have the stock wheels and tires I can throw on in the garage, the 22's are just appearance.

The nice/boring thing about our cars is they don't make mistakes. The AWD hooks up and the automatic does it's thing.

The bad/exciting thing about the CTS is they don't tolerate fools well. 556 or 565 or whatever hp will smoke the back tires without launching the car, and a missed shift or even mis-timed shift can spoil a good run.

I wish our cars were RWD manuals!

The nice/boring thing about our cars is they don't make mistakes. The AWD hooks up and the automatic does it's thing. The bad/exciting thing about the CTS is they don't tolerate fools well. 556 or 565 or whatever hp will smoke the back tires without launching the car' date=' and a missed shift or even mis-timed shift can spoil a good run. I wish our cars were RWD manuals![/quote']

I agree wholeheartedly, ......except for the last sentence.

• 1 month later...

So we raced from a 20 mph roll, its the only chance we got on. US 400. I got absolutely owned. At 60 he had 2 cars on me, if we kept going it would have gotten worse for me :( I could make up excuses but witnessing how hard he pulled away from me I don't think I'll ever get him. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2