Ecoboost Owner Forums

K and n typhoon is here!!!

Well i took my intake with me to work this am and the friendly service techs were kind enough to install my intake while i was working but after they removed my factory intake and put on the k and n they realized that k and n had forgot to package the little thingy that holds the air mass part into the hole on the intake. So they had to take it back off and reinstall the factory job!!! But i called k and n and they told me they would next day ship the part in so im off tomorrow but will try the install agin on friday. O well!!!!

That stinks! K&N is definitely not for everybody, but again, if you like the sound of sucking air and the BOV, you will be in love. Its music to some ears and not to others. When passengers are in the car, I am light footed so as not to make the "sucking the atmosphere from the earth" sound. It's easy to modulate.

Sound fluff only? Performance gains?

Not really much performance gains for either CAI...well, there may be some, but not enough that you can get that "seat of the pants" improvement feel from it. They do really improve the under hood appearance (IMHO). I would like to add, that what ever intake you chose you can't go wrong with also getting the pre-filter for it. I am amazed at how much cleaner my filter is staying with the pre-filter as opposed to how much dirt I got in all the intakes I had without one.

The more I hear about negligible power gains from CAIs and Catbacks' date=' the less I want to spend $1500-1600 for them. I actually like my cars quiet. And fast. The stock exhaust has a nice quiet rumble to it and my K&N panel sounds like it is breathing easy. I think my tune enhanced the sound too. But yeah, they look great![/quote']

I love how my Catless OEM exhaust sounds. Reminds me of a stock G35 but with a little turbo whistle. Love it. But I would like to get rid of the noise maker by the throttle body.

I'd be tempted to try the K & N intake but I am worried about the temperature heating since it is male of metal instead of the airaid intake made of plastic... Any comments?
There is a good dicussion started by ShoBoat on air intake temperature. You may want to take a look at that.

That stinks! K&N is definitely not for everybody' date=' but again, if you like the sound of sucking air and the BOV, you will be in love. Its music to some ears and not to others. When passengers are in the car, I am light footed so as not to make the "sucking the atmosphere from the earth" sound. It's easy to modulate. [/quote']

My wife isn't into cars, but she really digs the sound of the turbos and BOV. Makes me smile when I can tell she's gettin' into it. :RpS_biggrin: