Ecoboost Owner Forums

Kris's Escape getting tuned

bamsho

I'm gonna love the resulting video's of you and the Wifey running eachother at each and every stop light.

Ha!

Especially since Kris has had a taste of the SHO.

Even funnier would be her flipping you off as she passes you by! OMG hilarious.

Good times lie ahead.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Well the used MyCal is on it's way to Livernois to get reflashed for her 2013 Escape.  Can't wait to see how much of an improvement there is.  The shifting just plains SUCKS, to lazy and soft.  So hopefully by next week I will have it back.

brian:

i as well be interested in the results of the although just from a viewing stand point. my wife has warned me that other than the weathertek floor guards, hers is hers & for me happily so. i've basically started my own car lot. still only 4 cars for the 3 of us, but the '02 stratus tranny started slipping so got donated to make a wish, love tommy johnson jr in nhra & make a wishes work. so my daughter got my '09 chally & i got a new one. at 71 still working so I could buy one more new car, so went with my old mopar dad wishes & finished off with a '17 scatpack/shaker chally. am just breaking her in. but sho is still my go to car for shows & still love her, in fact she gets the garage while the mopars sit outside, atleast till i can convince my wife to put her escape outside, hell would freeze over before that. but back to the escape, ours i really haven't notice any slow shifting at all. it seems very quick. the only issue i have is how dirty the oil gets by around 3000 miles.

We received back the used MyCal from Livernois that I had reflashed for Kris's 2013 Escape with the 2.0. I showed her how to load the tune files in. Since we had to go get our daughter for the weekend she got to drive it. Her first impressions are she loved how there is very little throttle effort now and transmission shifts are way better - not lazy. I drove it this morning, yeah big time improvement over stock. Biggest thing I noticed is that now you can boost launch it... without it falling on its face, and yes I agree, the transmission shifts are way better. Running the 93 V6 tune right now, but they sent a 93 Aggressive too. That will come later. Base runs at Beaver Spring were 15.48 and 15.88, couldn't boost launch at all. So hoping for low 15.10's to 15.00's

Hopefully mother nature will settle down and I hope to get some base line passes on the 93 V8 meth tunes, cause I was told, someone put some time on the 93 V10 meth tunes and should be stronger than the V8 version. Sunday is supposed to be dry and sunny in the low 60's. So fingers crossed.

Well def was an interesting Sunday at the track.  First the Escape ran awesome, gained 3 tenths, went from a 15.48 to a 15.16, with a tune.   I ran a Cobb tuned Focus ST, and dam near beat him.  Some was driver issues, but he only ran a 15.29.  So was really proud of that.  Ran the 93 Aggressive tune. 

As for the SHO, umm yeah.  Not a good day.  First, blew the packing out of the drivers side muffler.  Yeah been waiting for that, others have had it happen to them.  Cant really replace it cause, I just welded on those expensive and modified black tips, so will see. 

Now need to check out the meth setup, pump seems locked up and wont pump.  Red light comes on, but no green.  Hopefully its something simple or a new pump.  Need to make phone calls today.

Wow, never had the packing blow out a muffler before.  Though I have seen it in bits and pieces upon dissection.  Sucks!

With meth setups, the lines tend to get kinked pretty easy, that's been the most common issue (besides pump) that I know of.  Electrical ... maybe.