Ecoboost Owner Forums

After patiently waiting... IT ARRIVED! ZL1 inside!!

Livernois Motorsports

We ordered our ZL1 from Becky at Rodgers Chevrolet and she delivered it to us today! Thaks Becky and Rodgers!

We have quite a bit planned, but will do it in stages to demonstarte how our packages perform.

We plan to have it on the dyno and I will take it to the track to baseline in stock form very soon.

Here are a few photos:

DSC_2403.jpg

DSC_2407.jpg

DSC_2408.jpg

DSC_2397.jpg

DSC_2401.jpg

DSC_2390.jpg

DSC_2389.jpg

DSC_2392.jpg

DSC_2394.jpg

DSC_2395.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc

Livernois Motorsports

I used to love GM... Have had at least 30 NEW GM vehicles... But unfortunately it is now Govt. Motors.... Just can't deal with that and the fact that they still owe us 22 Billion + Ally Bank's 14 Billion (GMAC).

ZL-1 is really cool, especially after you get thru all the fancy MODS.... Realize you can't buy all BLACK cars, but if the ZL-1 were available with a RED interior... An ALL Black outside would have been kick ass! White does stay cleaner longer!

SO.. do you have a 2013 Shelby on order... that you will mod to around 1,000 HP?????? Go For IT!

Always enjoy seeing all your toys and customer builds... Keep showing them to us.

I'm digging the White / Black motif myself....

Funny to see this posted, cuz I was just giving one of my old car show pals a lil grief the other day when I saw a brand new black, 2012, 45th Anniversary Camaro parked in his driveway.

Obviously not quite the ZL1 mind you, but close.

They look pretty damn cool and I can't even begin to fathom wth you boys @ LMS have up your sleeves regarding mods for that beast.

Please do keep the community posted. In fact it wouldn't hurt to post other projects you've worked on recently too.... like that Caddy CTS-V comes to mind. That thing was killer. Geezuz.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

The magazine claims 12.1 @ 119 mph with a rolling start... rolling start?!?! The hardest thing to do with it is to get it to leave on stock tires from a dead stop.

I went to the track yesterday and the best I got it to run 100% bone stock with 110 miles on it was 12.41 @ 115.9 mph. I was leaving from idle and my 60' was horrible and I couldn't stand on it until it was already in 2nd gear. I could see much better times on a tire!

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

baselinemilan.jpg

-Rick

I went to the track yesterday and the best I got it to run 100% bone stock with 110 miles on it was 12.41 @ 115.9 mph. I was leaving from idle and my 60' was horrible and I couldn't stand on it until it was already in 2nd gear. I could see much better times on a tire!

-Rick

Rick,

Is this with or without launch control?

So in other words.....

Darrell can smoke a stock ZL1 in his modded SHO as it sits now huh?

Geezuz I envy that guy. Damn fireman. :RpS_cursing:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Wouldn't say "smoke"...but beat probably! :-) AWD and traction are your friend. Hopefully with the new tires I can get down to that 11 area

Wouldn't say "smoke"...but beat probably! :-) AWD and traction are your friend. Hopefully with the new tires I can get down to that 11 area

I hope so!!

I went to the track yesterday and only got 3 passes, so I didn't really get a chance to figure out how to launch the car. I will say it was challenging on street tires, so I left from idle and rolled into it. The 60' was less than stellar, but the car feels pretty good. Definitely a lot of room to improve with a sticky tire and good 60'.. Today, we put it on the dyno and baseline numbers were 476 RWHP / 476 RWTQ.

[video=youtube;Cbo_ObdOfIM]

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc

Livernois Motorsports

Rick, after having spent some seat time with the ZL1, I just wonder how does it compare to our cars in it's class and price range...like the Shelby and the Challenger SRT? What are your impressions if you've gotten to drive all three of these cars?

476 rwhp turning a 12.41 (or 12.1 per magazine) 1/4 mile. Am I the only one that thinks that is slower than expected? Maybe even much slower than expected? Is it heavy? Tires that bad?

What are our tuned cars putting down for whp? 350ish? And some are not far off of 12.41, not sure why, but I am bit suprised.

Archived