Ecoboost Owner Forums

What's your average MPG

With all that power under the foot, I have to admit that I am completely immature... Impossible not to WOT often... Lol! The heck, that is why I bought a SHO, not for mpg... That said, if I put myself into granpa's mode for the 5 minutes I can resist, I will achieve best of 29 on hw and 16 city with 22 avg... But in real life I get around 18 combined. 94 octane stage 4+... I noticed since custom exhaust replacing third cat by x pipe that mpg went down about 1-2 mpg... But all worth it!

Grandpa mode! I like that it fits me with occasional regression to a more testosterone fueled era.

Running 4+ with 93 octane I'm getting 21 mixed (short haul burb driving mostly) and 29/30 long haul highway 70 MPH on ACC. WOT I'm not checking my MPG. Too busy grinning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got 30 with it on the way home from the dealership on mixed 60/65 Minnesota roads. I've put about 1500 miles on it so far and I'd say Highway(65-70) I'm getting 27 pretty steady and that's with my "spirited" passing when I come up on a slow car. City, which I don't do a terrible amount of, I've been seeing 20-21 with somewhat "spirited" driving, but nothing that would get me an Exhbition Driving Ticket or anything like that.

I have a 2010 SHO with the 20" rims and no PP. No mod's as of yet.

I will caution you against using the computer to figure gas mileage...for an example my last tank the computer told me it was 25.6 mpg and when I figured the old method of filling and dividing miles driven against gallons used it came out to an actual 21.3 mpg. Some people will say this is not the most accurate way to figure but I have found that you can get the tank filled to the same level with a little practice, plus I have always keep a record since getting the SHO...not sure but I would guess without doing the actual figuring that I am averaging about 23 mpg, again not a lot of highway miles most short trips of less the 50 miles. However, I have gotten in excess of 28 mpg on a few longer trips.

Seems like the reports of the higher mpg, average speeds have been on the lower end; and my average mpg of 21.5 -22 at 78 mph is accurate; which makes sense of course. And I should not expect what the sticker says of 25; actually it states in the fine print 20-30 based on vehicle maintence and driving habits.

Doesn't sound like anyone on here is getting above 25 if the cruise is set at 78; our interstate speed limits are 75, remember we used to have no speed limit on the interstate!

Just when I bought the car the dealer was raving about 28 mpg; which I knew there was a disclaimer missing.

Myy 12 is totally stock....get about 23 on the 10 mile commute to work....got 27.5 on the 2000 mile round trip to St Louis for the NCAA basketball regionals which involved mostly interstate driving at whatever speed everybody else was doing, and mountain driving....got 30 on one trip.

Quite pleased with the experience.

I run stage 4+ from LMS' date=' I do a lot of city driving so I usually get 17-19 mpg, highway it's more like 23-26 mpg[/quote']

Exactly my experience and setup. But I do sit in traffic for half of my 60 mile round-trip commute each day.

I get 19-21 MPG around town, but, I like to hear the turbo's spool. On the interstate running between 71 and 76 MPH, I got 29.1 MPG this weekend.

The town mileage matches my previous 2003 165HP AWD Subaru. But, the highway number beats the Subaru by about 4 MPG. I continue to be impressed!

I will caution you against using the computer to figure gas mileage...for an example my last tank the computer told me it was 25.6 mpg and when I figured the old method of filling and dividing miles driven against gallons used it came out to an actual 21.3 mpg. Some people will say this is not the most accurate way to figure but I have found that you can get the tank filled to the same level with a little practice' date=' plus I have always keep a record since getting the SHO...not sure but I would guess without doing the actual figuring that I am averaging about 23 mpg, again not a lot of highway miles most short trips of less the 50 miles. However, I have gotten in excess of 28 mpg on a few longer trips.[/quote']

I agree that this is the most accurate way of calculating MPG. You shouldn't need to fill the tank at the same level to get an accurate calculation as long as you know the miliage when you last filled it.

I agree that this is the most accurate way of calculating MPG. You shouldn't need to fill the tank at the same level to get an accurate calculation as long as you know the miliage when you last filled it.

Problem you run into with using the fill and calulate method is different pumps have different tolerances. Do some reading on how much variance the gov't allows a pump to read, and how bad they really are when tested. A 20 gal fill may only be 19 or 21 which will impact your calc. Any way you slice it short of weighing the fuel you are using an estimate. I use the on-board computer because I am too lazy to do other wise, and IMHO its just as accurate/innaccurate as any other method.

Problem you run into with using the fill and calulate method is different pumps have different tolerances. Do some reading on how much variance the gov't allows a pump to read' date=' and how bad they really are when tested. A 20 gal fill may only be 19 or 21 which will impact your calc. Any way you slice it short of weighing the fuel you are using an estimate. I use the on-board computer because I am too lazy to do other wise, and IMHO its just as accurate/innaccurate as any other method.[/quote']

I didn't think about the accuracy of the pump. I've always thought they had to calibrate them regularly.

I have an app I built that allows me to input odometer, gallons filled, and price per gallon. I use it not only to keep track of MPG, but cost per mile. Since I travel around 100 miles a day, I like to keep my eye on the bottom line.

Archived