Ecoboost Owner Forums

looking for a great tuner to get max hp and tp

casperl878

hello guys, im new at this forum stuff and have been a little nervous in adding a tuner as i am not a mechanic guy at all, but i always loved and had nice fast cars and i totally love this 2010 taurus sho, i do wish it wasnt so heavy but am looking for a great tuner to get alot more hp and tp out of it, if you guys can please help me with a good site or a # to call a good company and any good or bad experiences with them, email casperL878@aol.com

thanks guys,

anthony

With Livernois, the tune I have, you get all the tunes they offer for one price. Livernois has customer service that is second too none. I can tell you adding a tune is the best performance increase you can get from a single change...more then worth the cost...once you have it, you will never want to be stock again!

thanks guys' date=' is there different types of tunes to order from them or just 1 type the stage 4 is best u guys think? and whats the pricing and results of the tunes from them? how much hp and tp do you get from the tune ? thanks guys[/quote']

Here, check out Livernois website and what they offer for the SHO: http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/categories/Ford/2010%252d12-Taurus-SHO/

Anthony...... welcome aboard :welcome:

Please be sure to post an actual 'intro' thread so others can both recognize your sign up here, but also be able to learn a lil more about you, your EcoBeast, etc.

I'll echo the sentiments posted by others thus far and say that you're really missing out truly enjoying your SHO by running with a tune.

We have two Supporting Vendors here on EBOF (Livernois Motorsports, and also Unleashed Tuning) both offer great products, so please feel free to reach out to where ever your lil heart desires.

Again, welcome aboard EBOF :thumb:

Mike :yo:

is it easy to do the tune and how did u do it? and is it easy to set it back to stock so if i have to bring it into ford they dont say antyihng like u broke the warranty, so is it easy to upload and downlaod and then upload again, and can it be done alot of times if needed to ? thanks

thanks for the website and im goin thru it and maybe im just missing it and not undetstanding it all, but the cost of the tuner and whats the performance it will give me how much hp and tp do you know what you got and how? cause i read online and it seems to be alot of bs and fake poop out there with a simple wire for like 100 dollars and i know,we all ,know thats some fake poop, but im curious cause i was looking and talking to a guy at james at tuning and he said he has a tuner which give a about 46 hp and then even a lil better on called the street tuner which is around 70ish hp more, so that y im curious what these tunes cost and what they put out and how u like them, if its alot and good, easy to install and then downlaod it back to stock when u have to bring your car into ford for a checkup on something, cause i dont want them to say ohhh u voided the warranty and now ur fk'd,cause my ford dealership is a bunch of bunghole's and the worst customer vervice ever there worse then a bugerking, mcdonalds etc. thanks for ur time and help and i hope to hear from u soon buddy

With the livernios tune Rick will send you any all the files you want some guys can only get 91 octane fuel and they have files adjusted to that. As to returning to stock it's as simple as loading a tune. During the initial set a copy of the the stock will be saved to the tuner. As increases from file to file I do not know off hand. If you contact Rick he can provide with dyno charts for all.

Hi there! I suggest that you spend a few minutes reading around in this forum, you will find great info and all your questions have been discussed and debated. As for the price, it is listed in Livernois' website, but if I recall, it is around 500-600$ and you will get a good 50-60hp with the adjusted tune. In terms of performance, it should cut about 0.5 seconds of your 0-60mph and at least that for the quarter mile. The shifting is imo even better than stock. Welcome aboard!

It also depends on your location, and if you have 93 octane available to you. But once you get the tuner, you have to be able to connect it to your car through the OBD-II port and obtain the strategy code. You email the code to Rick, and he will email you the correct tunes. You have to be able to transfer files that are emailed to you onto a tuning device. You then connect the tuner to your car again and start the programming. It takes around 45 minutes (?, don't really remember). Once it is all programmed, remove the tuner and enjoy the ride.

Now, does the tune "Void" your warranty? Technically, no. The dealer has to prove that the mod caused the failure or problem you are experiencing if something goes wrong. Will your dealer void your warranty if they find a tune? That depends on your specific dealer. Look at the Magnusson-Moss Warranty act, http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/magmoss.htm, i have included a link from an Impala SS forum that has some good info.

I thought that I had a good relation with my dealer, But the service department freaked when I told them I would be installing an intake. Right off the bat they told me I would be voiding my warranty. Right, wrong or other, I know where how I will be treated if they find a tune on my car when I bring it in for service. I just remove my mods before I take it in for service.

While Rick and Livernois provide great customer service, if you have any doubts about being able to perform any part of the tuning process, this mod may not be for you. Good luck.

Ok... realize this is a Flex EcoBoost... But this should give you an idea of the gains you can realize with a tune...

BLUE - Stock Tune

RED - Livernois Stage 4+ Tune

GREEN - Livernois Stage 4+ plus Methanol Tune

4Plus_Methanol.jpg

The low end torque improvement is simply STUNNING!!!

Archived