Ecoboost Owner Forums

What a day!!!

Scrming

So the weather called for a high of 83 degrees, so I decided to head down to Lapeer and make some passes... On Sundays they have Test & Tune and then have 1/8th mile bracket racing...

Ok... Test and Tune... Last week I adjusted my tune.. I left that adjustment in today to see if last week was a fluke... well, I'm thinking it was not a fluke! Previously I was consistently 2.0x, with a very rare 1.9x. Well, today, 9 out of 11 passes my 60' was 1.9x! With a new personal best of a 1.93! My worst two 60's were 2.003 and a 2.022. On the 2.022 I knew I didn't launch right! Best 1/4 mile slip:

best_et.jpg

Looking at Drag Times, that 13.05 corrects down to like a 12.67... Dang... I really need for Fall to get here!!! LOL

So during Test & Tune I did manage to line up against a GT500! Don't know what year it was... but it did have a temp tag in the window! LOL! And of course since this was a spur of the moment trip and I forgot the GoPros! D'oah!

Slip against the GT500... (Ok, i actually waited for the green light on purpose... LOL)

GT500.jpg

GT500_213.jpg

Ok...during Test and Tune i was car 203! In elimination I had to change to 303!

202.jpg

Eliminations... Lapeer had a Trophy bracket race. They actually broke it into 2 groups: 7.99 or faster (B1) and 8.00 or slower (B2). I of course was in B2... There was some TOUGH competition! I'm talking full blown race cars and some pretty serious drivers! I'm really just a Test and Tune guys!

Closest win I had: (Remember I'm now car 303!)

000.jpg

In the end... I ended up winning B2!!! And then I got to line up against the winner of B1.. for the BIG TROPHY!!! As it turned out the B1 winner was on a motorcycle! He ended up completely blowing his launch... making me the WINNER!!!

trophies.jpg

So imagine that... A Ford Flex was the TOP ELIMINATOR!!!! LOL!!

Solid man! Cool! These cars (ecoboost with AWD) are serious opponents in bracket racing... they are so consistent!

I have a question John, can you tell me in dragtimes, what do you use as a corrected time? If I recall, there are three categories of cars : N/A engines, mildly modified, or heavily modified or supercharged/turbo engines... I always thought we were in that third category and dragtimes always correct less for that category. What do you use and why? Thanks!

Nice to see another ECO collecting up some well deserved hardware (trophies) :thumb:

I think us ECO owners here on EBOF may be setting a trend for winning trophies....

Very cool indeed :yo:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, All!

Ok... you have to check this thread though... Apparently our Flex is become the stuff of myths and legends! (page 2) LOL

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78437

Solid man! Cool! These cars (ecoboost with AWD) are serious opponents in bracket racing... they are so consistent!

I have a question John, can you tell me in dragtimes, what do you use as a corrected time? If I recall, there are three categories of cars : N/A engines, mildly modified, or heavily modified or supercharged/turbo engines... I always thought we were in that third category and dragtimes always correct less for that category. What do you use and why? Thanks!

Yes, you are correct on the 3 categories... I find actually that the N/A seems to work pretty good for predicting the Flexes times... Perhaps the extra weight and lack of aerodynamics make that category a better predictor! LOL

Ahh' date=' you are my hero, not only did you get under their skin with the Flex, but also your reaction time and age has the youngun's beside themselves! Way to go, keep up the good work![/quote']

LOL!! Thanks! Once I posted in their thread, they were all very cool, like most all track guys! By the way went to the track again today... More to come! LOL

Archived