Ecoboost Owner Forums

Speaker System Comparison

So I'm curious. I have a friend that got a new Nissan Altima that has a Bose system. It sounds really good and I feel like it has an 8" sub or something because it hits pretty hard.

It got me thinking. How would the upgraded Sony audio system in the Taurus compare?

Also, how does the standard audio in the Taurus compare to the upgraded Sony system?

I don't have the upgraded audio in my 2013 SHO because I went with the PP instead. I really wanted the upgraded audio but didn't want to pay 3k for it. Is it a huge difference? And is the Sony comparable to other vehicles' Bose systems? I just want to see how my stock system compares.

Coming from an Infiniti with the Bose system, this Sony system is pretty much the same. Since I never upgrade my system more than what a manufacturer offers as an upgrade, this is as good as it will get. It seems as though there is not enough clear bass, when I put the bass up, I just get rattles on the rear deck.

My 2007 Infiniti (aka Nissan) G35 had the Bose system and it paled in comparison to the Sony system in my SHO. And the G35 even had 10" woofers in the doors, it still didn't have the bass or volume that the Sony system in my SHO has. I was not at all impressed with that Bose in the G.

-Rod

Interesting that you guys with experience with the Bose system think the Sony sounds as good. I have never liked the real heavy bass that seems to be in vogue these days I have always liked a system that has the ability to bring out the mid and high range sounds in clarity, I think that the Sony system has done this in my car and overall I am very pleased with the sound quality of the stock system. Interesting that you can't get the upgraded stereo nor the ACC with the PP....would really make me think whether the PP system is worth the sacrifice of the other creature comforts. Ahh, but to each his own. I do have to admit that the Sony system does perform better then I anticipated it would, so I pleased with the sound quality.

I think you can get the upgraded audio with the PP, but I decided it wasn't worth the extra cost. The next option was 3,000 and it came with the air conditioned seats, upgraded audio, blind spot monitoring, ACC, rain sensing wipers, etc. Nothing in there appealed to me except the air conditioned seats and the upgraded audio, but that alone wasn't worth an extra 3k for me. So I decided to go with just the PP and I love it, but I wondered if I'd regret not getting the Sony audio system. So far I don't.

The THX II system in the MKS is far superior to my past BOSE GM systems. Not being a jerk, but I have driven 2010 SHOs, and just drove a new 2013 last Friday, and the sound system is definitely not as crisp as the MKS. I know that may have something to do with extra insulation and sound deadening glass (don't know if the SHO has this) , but maybe the MKS OEM THX II can be put in the SHO? I seem to recall it is rated somehwere around 600-700 watts. Just my subjective perception, but I have not heard an SHO systen as clear as my MKS.

I know that may have something to do with extra insulation and sound deadening glass (don't know if the SHO has this)?

If that sound "deadening" glass is referred by FMC as their "Sound Screen" glass, then yes, the SHO does have it.

Well at least my 2010 does.

Interesting that you guys with experience with the Bose system think the Sony sounds as good. I have never liked the real heavy bass that seems to be in vogue these days I have always liked a system that has the ability to bring out the mid and high range sounds in clarity' date=' I think that the Sony system has done this in my car and overall I am very pleased with the sound quality of the stock system. Interesting that you can't get the upgraded stereo nor the ACC with the PP....would really make me think whether the PP system is worth the sacrifice of the other creature comforts. Ahh, but to each his own. I do have to admit that the Sony system does perform better then I anticipated it would, so I pleased with the sound quality.[/quote']

How can you listen to Rage against the machine or Metallica without the bass?

I'm almost sure the only things one couldn't get is massage seats and ACC with the PP.

My 11 with the PP also has the massaging seats. In another thread somewhere I think we came to the conclusion the ACC and an actual spare tire were pretty much the only things not available from the factory with the PP.

-Rod

Lol' date=' just kidding about the music. I was born in '67.[/quote']

:lol: Thanks for making me feel really old, since in 67 I was eagerly looking forward to 68 and the year I could get my driver's license! In Pennsylvania that meant I would be 16 in '68! BTW, it was also the year I got my first job, working at WUDO Radio..."1010 on your AM radio dial", the best in today's hits and yesterday's oldie's!"

Mine sounds even better now after a 12" Alpine Type-R and a 600w amp! Finished up the install the other day. I listen to everything from 60's rock to dubstep...I'm not picky.

Same here. Been stuck on dubstep (Thanks GoPro commercial), Rage and System of a Down, as well as the standard Metallica.

I've been pleased with the Sony system and just the other day someone commented on 'how cool' the system sounded. My wife drives a Nissan (soon to be replaced) with Bose and we both prefer the Sony.

The THX certified system in the Lincoln is really good, but, that's some of the premium you pay.

Archived