Ecoboost Owner Forums

Against my friends' tuned C63AMG and 550XI

steve142857

Going to the strip tomorrow with my friends. It is going to be their first time. There won't be any glue on the track, so I don't expect the chipped C63 to do too well. I am sure it is a mid to high 11's car, but I would be surprised if he can go under 13 sec with no experience and no glue... I doubt that he will be willing to burn his tires... As for the 2011 (or 2012) 550xi, since it is AWD, I would expect a 13.3 at 107mph... It has 400hp and has a twin turbo too! Looking forward to experience with my friends and hopefully convert them to the drag racing! I will certainly post the results tomorrow night when I come back... Stay tuned!

P.S. My friend that has the BMW also has a 2009 Lotus SC, but he will go with his BMW because will be going with his wife and baby... I'll try to buy a GOPRO kit soon to be able to complete my stories...

I'm positive that the Merc is quite expensive. I priced a 550xi with the same options we get in our SHO online. It came out to over $84,000. With the V8 and the twin turbos, I'm sure it will pull well, but is it still worth $40,000 more? You could almost buy two SHO's for the same money.

Is the 5 series the midsize offering? Would the space and size of the 7 series be more comprarable to the Taurus?

Hey all! Back from the strip... Great time it was! First time with my long time friends and they had a blast too!

Temps were ok at around 75F but it felt humid and heavy... I didn't look at the DA but I feel it was around 1500.

I ran a best of 12.53 at 112.5mph with a 60ft of 1.85.

The C63AMG tuned with 91 octane couldn't launch very well but he managed a few runs around 12.7 with a best of 12.68 at 116.x mph with a best 60 ft of 2.04... Not too bad at all... So his time was better than I expected but his trap speed a bit slower ( I had expected around 120).

The 550xi ran a very good 13.25 at 107.x mph! No tune, complety stock with spare tire and half a fuel tank. My predictions were spot on!

So all in I won but going back when there will be glue and when my friend will put the 94 tune in his C63... He should flirt with the 12.0-12.2...

I won against a Camaro SS with new headers and intake that ran 13.22 at 108.

Also against a modded (sct, final gear ratio, exhaust, automatic) 2006 Mustang GT that ran 13.6 at 101 mph.

So a very good and fun night but still no best ET...

Other times for cars were:

Best of the night of 14.1 for a 2010 G37S.

14.04 for a 2009 335 xi (2 in car).

11.99 at 125 mph for a convertible Viper.

15.0 for 2012 stock Audi TT.

So, in comparison of other street cars, my 12.5 kind of stood out positively.

Cheers!

Finally checked da was 1445ft soy 12.53 at 112.5 corrects to a 12.33 at 114.3 mph. The wind was coming front but about no more than 5 mph... So I still believe that my current setup should make me go in the 12.2's when weather will cooperate, and with a good tail wind of 10-15 mph, maybe I could challenge Darrell's best time... ; )

Hey all! Back from the strip... Great time it was! First time with my long time friends and they had a blast too!

Temps were ok at around 75F but it felt humid and heavy... I didn't look at the DA but I feel it was around 1500.

I ran a best of 12.53 at 112.5mph with a 60ft of 1.85.

The C63AMG tuned with 91 octane couldn't launch very well but he managed a few runs around 12.7 with a best of 12.68 at 116.x mph with a best 60 ft of 2.04... Not too bad at all... So his time was better than I expected but his trap speed a bit slower ( I had expected around 120).

The 550xi ran a very good 13.25 at 107.x mph! No tune, complety stock with spare tire and half a fuel tank. My predictions were spot on!

So all in I won but going back when there will be glue and when my friend will put the 94 tune in his C63... He should flirt with the 12.0-12.2...

I won against a Camaro SS with new headers and intake that ran 13.22 at 108.

Also against a modded (sct, final gear ratio, exhaust, automatic) 2006 Mustang GT that ran 13.6 at 101 mph.

So a very good and fun night but still no best ET...

Other times for cars were:

Best of the night of 14.1 for a 2010 G37S.

14.04 for a 2009 335 xi (2 in car).

11.99 at 125 mph for a convertible Viper.

15.0 for 2012 stock Audi TT.

So, in comparison of other street cars, my 12.5 kind of stood out positively.

Cheers!

Very nice!!!! Yep, once you start looking, it's amazing how these vehicles stack up against other cars!

You're right! These vehicles are even more impressive when you start seeing what a few mods do to lower ET's. It is truly amazing that you guys are running low 13's and low 12's :faint2: in a family sedan that is not heavily modded or stripped down to reduce weight. It is a compliment to you guys that you have got the SHO and the Flex going so quick! Again, it is impressive that these cars can hold their own with the high line vehicles like Mercedes and BMW. I know the time I played with a a new 7 series car, both he and I were impressed that his BMW could not run away from the SHO, so kudos to you guys and a big thumbs up to Ford for giving us this kind of performance platform to play with!:clap2:

Archived