Ecoboost Owner Forums

12sec. or BUST

When back to the track and I try every think you guys said to go faster. 85lb less,only1/4 tank of gas, 2200rpm launch, stage lights short roll them, 89-95deg. Last month best 13.144sec 105mph@97deg. Friday night best was 13.040sec. 103.9mph @90deg and very high humidity. I FILL THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!. 12SEC. OR BUST.

I GOT SMOKED BUY DODGE CUMMING DIESEL

At the start line that was the last time I saw black smoke from that thing LOL.

I say good times for the temp :)

You are now on LMS Stage 4 correct? Just the dynomax mufflers, still have the 3rd cat? Just curious for comparison. I ran 13.33 in similar temp but with stock cushy non PP springs, and magnaflow which does leave that 3rd cat in. I also want to break 12s next time out.

What you need to do is: GET A BRICK!!!!!! LOL! (This comment is brought to you by EBB & SCRMING!)

You and SCRMING already have CAMARO GUY having night-mares about LITTLE RED WAGONS. HE DOES NOT NEED A 3rd ONE. PS I meet a guy at work who is in that Camaro guy on-line club and all of them are now scare of:behindsofa: ( LITTLE RED/RED ROCKET WAGON) ROTFLOL

SEE THE HOLE STORY AT (How fast is fast enough)

Originally Posted by shoman04

My little Red Wagon was my Favorite toy as little KID. Now Camaro Guy at his 2nd childhood it's his nightmare. Sounds like the begining of a bad monster movie.

" THE RED ECOBRICK MONSTER"

Our story starts with Camaro Guy on Dr. Summit(raceparts)(who donen't believe in EcoMOSTER) couch. Mr. Camaro tell me what happen in you NIGHT-MARE. I pull up to the lite-tree and there it comes IT'S BIG, IT'S RED, IT'S a EcoBOX WAGON!!! The light went green my V8 sounded with a mighty roar and there no sound from the wagon and then the MONSTER attack me "SUCK ME IN AirAid CAI thur ALkyControl 100% Methanol Sprayer thur Twin Turbo and out MRT Eco-Flow Exhaust. I well never sleep again.! Help me Doc!!!!!! Mr Camaro your time is up. I'll see you next week.

ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT!!!!!

Best was the guy in a very FAST STI... apparently my launch was so fast and so HARD, it STUNNED HIM!!! He came up after we ran and told me after we ran! He said I STUNNED him sooooo bad he FORGOT TO GO!!! He had a .8xx RT!! LOL!

Oh.... for the record... i'm still on the stock air box!!!

It is directly behind the flanges for the rear exhaust section, and in front of the mid-muffler. Here are pix... This section of the exhaust is IDENTICAL to the SHO, as I replaced this portion with NESHO mid-pipe that Kirk made for me, that was a copy of that part of his full catsback exhaust design.

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

:doh:

The 'X' pipe completely replaces the 3rd cat.

It is NOT an addition to it.

If you are doing a 3rd delete, and inserting a 'X' pipe in it's place, then the new piece will begin after the flex pipes.

Several different after market exhaust setups, including both the one EBB and I run, are available for purchase & have been for some time now.

If GA does visual inspections (for Emissions) & requires it, then NO, you will not pass.

Some states, including mine, do not perform visual inspections. Rather they simply plug into the OBD port & as long as everything reads green (or go) then it passes.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

The X-Pipe NESHO MOD... puts the x-pipe about midway between the 3rd cat and the mid-pipe... what I installed was that section with rear flanges, so I could switch between stock and NESHO X-Pipe. What it looks like is that I have an axle back system that hooks up about 2-3 feet before the axle! What I really have is stock pipes with Magnaflow mufflers and stock tips... behind the flanges, with either stock 3rd cat + mid-muffler or NESHO pipe between.

Kirk sent me the replacement section, plus 3 pairs of flanges. I took everything to my muffler shop in Naples that installed my Magnaflows a year earlier. They welded everything in place and bolted it up. I have since removed the x-pipe for the summer up here in IA, as my wife complained it was quite loud in the third row. Never did a pix + write up like BPD1511 does. And.. since the x-pipe section is in FL in my garage down there, I unfortunately can't get you a pix until Nov. 1. Sorry....

Shoman04, as a side note, you are aware that you can post a comment, or a reply to a thread, without ALWAYS having to quote others right?

By constantly quoting other members post(s), rather than just simply hitting the reply tab only, you make for a very long thread which is usually not very desirable in the long run.

Especially to other members, or guests, who may be searching for, and/or trying to read up on, various topics.

Just try to keep it in mind. Thanks.

Mike :yo:

(I may go back and delete out all the unnecessary quotes at some point when I have more time. Just a heads up)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Great Times!! Just curious what the 3/12 update is to the lms stage 4 tune?

I got my LMS the 1 wk of Mar and 2-3 wk later Rick send a update to the stage 4+. I had not even load the original stage 4 so I don't know what the drifferes may have been. Sorry.

I got my LMS the 1 wk of Mar and 2-3 wk later Rick send a update to the stage 4+. I had not even load the original stage 4 so I don't know what the drifferes may have been. Sorry.

Stage 4 is rougher of shifts and on the 1/4 mile, it is slower compared to stage 4+... So, no brainer, 4+ is really a «+» over stage 4...

Night Hawk I see you ran a 13.19@104.90mph What was the temp? I did my run at 4185lb + 220lb driver (13.040sec@103.9mph/95deg).

It was 40s to low 50's the only mods at the time were the 4+ tune and Air raid. The scales were open so with me and 1/2 tank of gas we were on the portly side that day(4558lbs). My Sho is the Non PP. The run is posted on Youtube under ED Day 2012 race 2 it was a charity bracket race I was competing in.

I'm pretty sure when the cool air comes around with the now full NESHO exhaust, I should hopefully plunge into the 12's and increase the trap speed.

Archived