Ecoboost Owner Forums

New record for 2nd powerful Sho ever

Crash712us

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darrell: do you have stage 5 now? Same setup as Chris but lighter wheels? What is your best today Darrell?

When you had your 12.13, do you remember what boost you had on your special tune?

I saw that with stage 5, boost is around 17-18...

Do you guys know a faster way to bed in new brakes within an hour or two instead of 500 miles?

Cheeze! I wish I could go today... My guess is that I would have run a 12.08 at 116mph... Still room for better weather ahead so I won't cry

Good day for you guys out there, enjoy!

Darrell: do you have stage 5 now? Same setup as Chris but lighter wheels? What is your best today Darrell?

When you had your 12.13, do you remember what boost you had on your special tune?

Do you guys know a faster way to bed in new brakes within an hour or two instead of 500 miles?

Cheeze! I wish I could go today... My guess is that I would have run a 12.08 at 116mph... Still room for better weather ahead so I won't cry

We did something like this:

From 60mph, gently apply the brakes a couple of times to bring them up to operating temperature. This prevents you from thermally shocking the rotors and pads in the next steps.

Make eight to ten near-stops from 60mph to about 10-15 mph. Do it HARD by pressing the brakes firmly, but do not lock the wheels or engage ABS. At the end of each slowdown, immediately accelerate back to 60mph and then apply the brakes again. DO NOT COME TO A COMPLETE STOP! If you stop completely and sit with your foot on the brake pedal, you will imprint pad material onto the hot rotors, which could lead to vibration and uneven braking.

The brakes may begin to fade after the 7th or 8th near-stop. This fade will stabilize, but not completely go away until the brakes have fully cooled. A strong smell from the brakes, and even some smoke, is normal.

After the last near-stop, accelerate back up to speed and cruise for a while, using the brakes as little as possible. The brakes need only a few minutes to cool down. Try not to become trapped in traffic or come to a complete stop while the brakes are still very hot.

If full race pads, such as Hawk DTC-70 or Performance Friction PFC01 are being used, add four near-stops from 80 to 10 mph.

not back to our regularly scheduled race program!!!!

Steve....yeah we're pretty much setup the same. I've been running this tune for a couple weeks...probably the same time as you.

I can tell you the lighter wheels don't mean jacksh:t...I've said that to you before..I ran the exact same times before and after the wheels. I thought they'd make a difference..which was one of my reasons for swapping out..but I was wrong

Archived