Ecoboost Owner Forums

New record for 2nd powerful Sho ever

Crash712us

Darrell's gonna have to run on donuts (thinner and substantially lighter) in order to just be able to keep up with the rest of us at this point......

:spy:

I'm still waiting for someone to beat me...I see all your mouths moving but I don't hear you talking ?

Chris did manage to tree me today but I still has the quickest time of the day ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm still waiting for someone to beat me...

I see all your mouths moving but I don't hear you talking.

Oh boy....... lest you forget so quickly there Darrell.....

Steve has 500hp, cuz his engine hood says so.

Therefore, we all already know when he lines up with you, he's gonna administer quite the spanking.

:deadhorse:

Steve....yeah we're pretty much setup the same. I've been running this tune for a couple weeks...probably the same time as you.

I can tell you the lighter wheels don't mean jacksh:t...I've said that to you before..I ran the exact same times before and after the wheels. I thought they'd make a difference..which was one of my reasons for swapping out..but I was wrong

I concur with the lighter wheels not helping for some reason! Not sure why the normal thinking doesn't apply, but my observations are basically the same... I will say however that the lighter wheels do give the Flex a lighter feel at the steering wheel! Can't quite use the word nimble, but you know what I mean.

Man... the smell from the east is overpowering us here in Northern IA!!!! LOL

Truthfully, the cooler it is, the more difficult time you are going to have with front traction. Darrell and I have been there where our vehicles literally shut down. Mine shut down 9 of 12 runs the night I got my 12.904. When I went to front Nitto DR's I had super front traction. But.. Not sure any DR's are made tall enough to match up with your rears. I run 285-40-18 Nitto DR's on the same wheels as Darrell, in 18" x 9". Haven't checked lately, but perhaps Mickey Thompson or someone else now has a taller DR. The ones I use would work great, but you would have to match a rear combo that's the same height.

I had planned to go stripping last Fri nite. Had everything ready to go, and I got a business call that lasted almost 1 1/2 hrs, so trip wasn't worth it. I even have skinnies (185-55-17" M & H on 4" Aluminum GTO Spare rims). I am going to get the G8 into the 11's or go broke trying... LOL

Also plan to meet Mac, Fr. nite, in a couple weeks at Cedar Falls Raceway, and test out my Flex tunes w/o spray & with my 43 lb wheel/tire combo. Know it won't do 12's, but maybe low 13's???????

Lighter wheels absolutely positively help. Putting skinnies on a G8 with RWD are known to cut one's time from .17 to over .2.

Remember, I never ran over 75% methanol on the Flex. My tunes were not created on the dyno... but thru logging. I also have smaller diameter tires, which is why Scrming's speeds are slightly higher. But I still have the best Flex time, and have 3 high 12's, 2 which were when it was 75 deg. on a crappy track. I am positive that John will soon beat my times, but the 12.904 has held up for almost a year.

These aren't G8s Bob....wheels haven't helped at all. Not John or myself nor did you prove they helped you at all. On most vehicles...I agree with you...on these AWD platforms..not so much.

This is real world..my car ran the exact same times before and after a swap to wheels/tires that weighed 20 pounds less....each!

Lighter wheels absolutely positively help. Putting skinnies on a G8 with RWD are known to cut one's time from .17 to over .2.

Remember, I never ran over 75% methanol on the Flex. My tunes were not created on the dyno... but thru logging. I also have smaller diameter tires, which is why Scrming's speeds are slightly higher. But I still have the best Flex time, and have 3 high 12's, 2 which were when it was 75 deg. on a crappy track. I am positive that John will soon beat my times, but the 12.904 has held up for almost a year.

Dyno tunes get you in the ballpark... BUT data logs from the street or the track is were you do your fine tuning! So to say we have an advantage because we have a dyno to isn't really valid... NOW if you were talking a CANNED TUNE where you just buy a tune and your done, with no data logging then yes, you would probably be a a disadvantage... but IIRC you worked with Torrie, sending data logs to develop your meth tune...

I pulled 3 12.9x's last Sunday with 80 degree heat... I'm still on the STOCK AIR BOX, STOCK 2 BAR Map sensor and still have the 3rd cat with mid-muffler/resonator... and I'm running ALL-SEASON tires! My version of Stage 5 should be here this week and hopefully hit the track on Sunday...

Bob...since you and Steve are so infatuated with wheels and their "lightness" Screamin and I will swap wheels with you guys and still beat you

I want my wheels back after though..because I think they look cooler

I love this thread now!!

I wasn't too sure about my Nurburgrings... The grey was lighter than I thought it would be... BUT then we painted the roof black and it actually kind of tied everything together! Love the look of them now! But there was a time I was really second guessing myself!

Bob...since you and Steve are so infatuated with wheels and their "lightness" Screamin and I will swap wheels with you guys and still beat you

I want my wheels back after though..because I think they look cooler

I love this thread now!!

Remember when you were thinking of coming to Bradenton this winter... You could'a used my wheels!!! The problem with my Conti DW's and the ASA's, was that they got hard when cold. The biggie on tires is the hookup... The Nitto DR's weigh 30 lbs each vs the 25 lbs for both the Conti DW's and the Michelin Pilot Super Sports that I am now running on the TSW Interlagos. DR's are waiting for new rims and will be used this winter on my G8.

I'm sorry you don't like my wheels as they are the exact same ones as yours... except they are 18" x 9" and have a wider footprint due to 32 offset. Today at Target, there was a EB Flex that was identical to John's before his top went to the dark side! Stock 20's, stock springs. I actually have less distance between my tires and fenders compared to that vehicle. Of course, I am 3"+ lower overall.

Also... I have turned a 1.923 60 Foot. I attribute that to my smaller wheels and helped some by their weight. I really believe if I had the DR's on that night when I did the 12.904, that I would have done somewhat better... BUT.. I certainly would never speculate on what that would have been... IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!!

Will never find out... Meth spray system is in storage. I gotta make this Flex last another couple years! Don't want a 2013, and not ready to trade for a used one...

I love it more than you Darrell!!!!!!

I think the smell may also be local now..... LOL

The problem with my **** was that.......

they got hard when cold.

As long as we're diving into the realm of entertainment......

I couldn't help but highlight the fact that EBB claims it get's hard when it's cold......

Must be an old dude thing.

Or those dasterdly lil blue pills :noidea:

:bolt:

BTW, I'm kinda dig'n this thread too :thumb:

Archived