Ecoboost Owner Forums

BigPelo's logbook

bigPelo

It has begun.

My SHO will get customized slowly but surely and I will log my modifications here. Please post your honest comments and/or suggestions.

First thing first, I must show other what's under the hood so I put stickers on it yesterday

8E12230F-8FAE-41F0-A3AA-9173B8BB23DC-860-00000076FD3CF949.jpg

24A7C35E-2DB1-4D77-B933-7D0A304BBFAC-860-00000076F629038F.jpg

Next on the list:

Cold air intake - bought September 13th 2012 - Waiting delivery

Winter floor mat (red) - bought September 13th 2012 - Waiting delivery

Tuner - bought September 12th 2012 - Waiting delivery

Mandatory winter tires - will buy October 2012 and install on stock 20in rims

Summer rims - March 2013 - Currently looking TSW Nürburgring and Interlagos. Any other good light weight options?

Windows tint - spring 2013

2nd baby seat - summer 2013 (just learn there's a bun in the oven)

Exhaust - Autumn 2013 - looking at Corsa, Borla, custom with downpipe, etc...

Lowering springs - depends on budget...

Enough in the money pit for now!

Wow! Is it me or the previous comment is rude? Unecessary roughness Mr! We can be honest, but we need to remain friendly in this forum goblues38. Thanks.

bigpelo : I love your 3.5L twin turbo sticker. You have a nice list of mods. I would lower it and tint right now, the car will look sportier right away and I presume that is what you want right? But I understand budget constraints too... lol!

Keep us posted and ejoy the road of customizing your ride. After all, it is YOUR ride, we can comment, but at the end, if you enjoy a mod, that's all that matters!

; )

Hi my name is Dean I am 40 and I like stickers. I have liked stickers since I was a little boy, I have tried to quit stickers in the past with no success. Please oh please for the love of GOD will the cravings ever stop. With that being said WHERE'S OUR 2013 SHO HOOD STICKERS!!!! My councilor says it helps to call them graphics.

Also congrats on the new addition, the baby also. I have the same car so I am eager to hear how your mods work out for you. Except for the K&N drop in filter and some "graphics" my car is stock. One thing I didn't notice on your list was a clear bra. With these big beautiful painted front ends I would highly recommend it. Up here in the north the gravel instead of sand in the winter so it's a must.

"graphics" are, and always have been, part of the customizing process.

I used to do it back in the day with a mahl stick, and a can of "One Shot" lettering enamel. But alas, that was a dying form of art.

Vinyls replaced actual lettering many moons ago. Which is ok. It's versatile, reversible, and changeable.....

I too enjoy those dasterdly stickers.

I hear they may add some incremental horsepower too :boink:

:bolt:

"graphics" are, and always have been, part of the customizing process.

I used to do it back in the day with a mahl stick, and a can of "One Shot" lettering enamel. But alas, that was a dying form of art.

Vinyls replaced actual lettering many moons ago. Which is ok. It's versatile, reversible, and changeable.....

I too enjoy those dasterdly stickers.

I hear they may add some incremental horsepower too :boink:

:bolt:

I used to fill in the "Mustang" on the rear with chrome letter stickers and I had two chrome ponies on the windows. That was in the 90s haha. But I don't think this car needs any for me I enjoy the subtle sleeper mode of this car. I get asked about the car all the time and I get the oh shit face when I tell them what this beast has. I gotta get my dynoed just so I have an accurate HP reference.

Good mods listed. I would suggest tinting right away it totally changes the appearance of the car, and afterall you need to keep the bright sun out of the families eyes!!! My daughter loves the retractable sun shade in the back, we call it go to sleep mode for her and she usually passes out!

seriously...wtf...are you 16?

That's what my wife told me also yesterday while putting them on, so I guess YES at least in my heart... The stickers are less than an inch height and about 10 inches long so it remains "sleeper" and not "ricer"

10$ of complete immaturity maybe

You asked for comments' date=' and I gave them to you.[/quote']

Thank you for joining in!

I was also looking for info on light weight 20 inches wheels and winter tires choice...

Oh, and English is not my first language so sorry if my way of writing doesn't represent my exact thought and sense of humour :yield:

I'm 60 and I like stickers too. I think your hood graphics look fine! Tasteful without being gaudy. Keep up the nice mods!

Just to show that I approve here's a picture of my side window....I put these decals in because: 1.) I'm proud to be a diver and a dive instructor and 2.) The Livernois sticker because of their awesome work with our cars and the great service they provide!

IMG_5453.jpg

I'm 60 and I like stickers too. I think your hood graphics look fine! Tasteful without being gaudy. Keep up the nice mods!

Just to show that I approve here's a picture of my side window....I put these decals in because: 1.) I'm proud to be a diver and a dive instructor and 2.) The Livernois sticker because of their awesome work with our cars and the great service they provide!

IMG_5453.jpg

OK%20Diver.jpg

I am kinda sad this thread had turn to a "should you put stickers on your ride" discussion.

I tried to introduce my project with a bit of humor but I have failed. Maybe I should have wait until I had more parts and pics.

In the meantime, I still need inputs on wheels, tires and exhaust ;)

Thanks Crash712US for your feed-back. Corsa is on top the list. I hope there will be a downpipe available by the time I am ready for the exhaust too. I know a shop who will build me a custom TBE but the cost will be prohibitory.

Good news! Livernois tuner has already arrived! :RpS_w00t:

763ED853-C25D-45D6-B758-89AC9427547C-539-0000004B8432DA2F.jpg

Awaiting the tunes, I might be able to try it sooner then I thought! :RpS_drool:

EDIT: I hope it goes better than other 2013 SHO members stixx2002 and 74d34h...

Updated the tuner and load the LMS 91 octane performance tune during lunch hour. Everything went smooth and took +/- 20 minutes.

The car feels much lighter and I enjoy the quick and firm gear shifting. With windows down, I now can ear the turbos spool.

Because of shipping and custom fees, the total of this mod got to CAN$806,35. Still, I am glad I did it!

Updated the tuner and load the LMS 91 octane performance tune during lunch hour. Everything went smooth and took +/- 20 minutes.

The car feels much lighter and I enjoy the quick and firm gear shifting. With windows down, I now can ear the turbos spool.

Because of shipping and custom fees, the total of this mod got to CAN$806,35. Still, I am glad I did it!

Once I added the Airaid the turbos and blow off can be easily heard. I feel a little more pull with the CAI also. I plan to get this on the Dyno over the next few months so I can see exactly what I am sitting at for HP.

Once I added the Airaid the turbos and blow off can be easily heard. I feel a little more pull with the CAI also. I plan to get this on the Dyno over the next few months so I can see exactly what I am sitting at for HP.

AutoAnything are taking their time to ship my winter floor mat and cold air intake... I look forward to the delivery and installation.

• 2 weeks later...

So AutoAnything finally sent me the CAI but they failed to include the winter floor mats.. (crappy iphone pics, sorry)

IMG_0928.jpg

Before:

IMG_0930.jpg

After:

IMG_0932.jpg

Installation was a breeze, less than an hour including road test. I can now clearly hear the turbos and the blow off valve with closed windows but it don't seems to get more engine rumble like I thought I would.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived