Ecoboost Owner Forums

throttle body location???

Great photos, but just a note: In those photos the black engine cover is off. To access the TB to perform, for instance, the 3M three Part fuel system tune-up, you don't even need to remove the black cover. A neophyte like me might be confused looking at the photos without the black cover so I thought I would mention it.

I wish I had seen this last week, as it took me about 15 minutes to figure out where the TB was when I did the fuel system cleaning. I was just about to post the same exact inquiry here as the OP, but finally found it. The video that came with the product kind of led me in the wrong direction to look for it, as it is on the opposite side of the engine from my air cleaner box.

I also really appreciate the patience of wiser members when addressing seemingly simple questions from guys less experienced, like me. A lot of forums flame folks for elementary questions. I love it here.

I also really appreciate the patience of wiser members when addressing seemingly simple questions from guys less experienced, like me. A lot of forums flame folks for elementary questions. I love it here.

Just wanted to agree with this. On most other car forums when a question is asked the answer is usually "use the search button". I don't think I've seen that phrase used once here haha thanks again.

Lol I knew the black engine cover was off. Thanks guys for the info. It's kind of a sad question but I was following the CAI and it looked like it was on the lower right side of the engine and wasn't making any sense to me. So figured I would confirm it to makes sure. Thanks for the response and not telling me to click the search feature. :clap2:

Archived