Ecoboost Owner Forums

Swapped My Ride!

So, my youngest daughter has been complaining about how cramped the back of the Mini is... So today, I SWAPPED MY RIDE! Walked into Hagen Ford in Bay City this morning at 10:00am to find a Tuxedo Black Focus ST in the show room... 2 hours later, I'm terrorizing the streets of Bay City in my new ST! Ok, so I really wasn't doing anything tooooo crazy... LOL! I am simply amazed by this vehicle! Will have to get some GoPro vids! LOL! Rained on and off today... can't wait to take it out on a nice dry day!

For now... a couple of snapshots:

615811_4247266133979_1823291201_o.jpg

175539_4247265093953_522245993_o.jpg

615601_4247265533964_713561020_o.jpg

172741_4247265293958_353842566_o.jpg

Very nice ride... Tinted windows to complete the look? I am a bit jaleous even if I don't know what I'd do with a Focus in my driveway... I too have a Flex (non-ecoboost) and the SHO, so my family needs are well served for now...

Nevertheless, you convinced me to ask my dealer for a ride next werk while they do my oil change...

Looking forward for your gopro vids... as always!

Congrats again on your acquisition!

Thanks, guys!

@Steve, definitely try to at least get a ride in one!

I was talking with Scott from MRT tonight... He had a a chance to drive one this summer at Hallet (Road Course) during the Mid-America All Ford Nationals... He said while the Mustangs would pull away on the straight-aways, he would reel them in in the corners!!!

Very nice, funny you got a Focus. One of my son's best friend is car shopping and we are trying to talk him into a Focus. He isn't much of a "motorhead" so we are thinking that either a Focus S or SE would suit him best. I am anxious to hear your thoughts on the car, not just performance wise but also what you think of interior room and overall impression.

Very nice' date=' funny you got a Focus. One of my son's best friend is car shopping and we are trying to talk him into a Focus. He isn't much of a "motorhead" so we are thinking that either a Focus S or SE would suit him best. I am anxious to hear your thoughts on the car, not just performance wise but also what you think of interior room and overall impression.[/quote']

Actually when I was car shopping last spring, i looked at the Focus... really didn't care for it. The arm rest was to short and the shifter was to far forward, so I really couldn't get comfortable. The Focus was also pretty under powered.. Other then that I don't remember much about the SEL... Before I decided on the Mini, I was leaning toward the turbo Chevy Cruze. The Focus ST however is a very different car to me than than a regular Focus... at least to me... I think it might be more on par with the Titanium... That being said the ST is nice and roomy up front... back is tight... lots of room in the hatch area!

So cool and rainy here today... despite that I took the car out for a little jaunt, hitting some of the more curvy roads. OMG, the ST felt so tight! Even on the cold, wet pavement, it was really well planted. Now I'm a straight line guy, but I was having an absolute BLAST! The power band is so wide, it's almost impossible to be in the wrong gear! Just hop on the throttle and the dang thing just PULLS!

It's been a long time since I was behind the wheel of my 2002 GT, but from what I can remember, the ST feels a a lot stronger... The GT had more peak torque at 300 ft/lbs but that's at 4000 RPM.. while the ST makes 270 ft/lbs but makes that at 2700 RPM! I found 3rd gear in the ST to be a nice gear to be in, with the car pulling from 2500 RPMs on up! Especially if you are in "Over Boost" mode! LOL!

May hit the track next Saturday at Ubly... since I won't be required to wear a helmet there (IIRC). Times will suck, but hey, what the the heck! LOL

• 2 years later...