Ecoboost Owner Forums

Gauge Pod

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if did fit smoking, I am not sure it would look right. However I do have another pod plan that I think would be more suitable for the MKS. No all I need is time, motivation and creativity. But if I get a chance ever to set one of my pods on a MKS and if think I could do something with modifying the existing design to fit. I will be sure to let you know.

Even if did fit smoking' date=' I am not sure it would look right. However I do have another pod plan that I think would be more suitable for the MKS. No all I need is time, motivation and creativity. But if I get a chance ever to set one of my pods on a MKS and if think I could do something with modifying the existing design to fit. I will be sure to let you know.[/quote']

Yes, I think the faceplate material would have to be different. But what I don't know? Let me know! Thanks,Jim

I couldn't hold back any longer! just pulled the trigger on some auto meter ford racing series gauges.

Way to go! Those gauges do look great, I am still trying to decide which ones I want...there are about 3 different styles I really like...can't wait to see yours installed.

No luck on the pod fitting the Flex. Completely different! Maybe I can get Chris to give me a hand and fab one up for the Flex!

Would be nice to have something other than an A pillar option. Look more factory and a little cleaner that way. A little less look at me as well.

What gauges did u go with? I'm going into Livernois tomorrow to order mine. I'm going in there to pick up a new tuner and thought id order the gauges as well. I'm going with the Ford Racing electric full-sweep boost' date=' oil pressure and water or oil temp[/quote']

Hey Darrell, I order the exact same thing from Jegs because they where in stock. So hope to have them at least by tomorrow or the next day. I assume I will have minimal rewiring as I am replacing gauges that read the same thing. And hope to have installed ASAP. But then again I thought my lower spring would have been a piece of cake and they took me 7hrs to install.

As to a Flex pod, perhaps me a darrell can look at what could be done in this area. I know this isn't the first request for and I have looked at the Flex's dash before to see what could be done. So my main question to you guys that have flex's. Are you opposed to permanent modification to dash? I ask this perhaps I could modify current design to mount on dash, but this would entail putting holes in dash. This something I didn't want to do when I first designed for my car. But since most pods in the after market would require permanent mods to dash, perhaps this is something to consider.

Hey Darrell, I order the exact same thing from Jegs because they where in stock. So hope to have them at least by tomorrow or the next day. I assume I will have minimal rewiring as I am replacing gauges that read the same thing. And hope to have installed ASAP. But then again I thought my lower spring would have been a piece of cake and they took me 7hrs to install.

As to a Flex pod, perhaps me a darrell can look at what could be done in this area. I know this isn't the first request for and I have looked at the Flex's dash before to see what could be done. So my main question to you guys that have flex's. Are you opposed to permanent modification to dash? I ask this perhaps I could modify current design to mount on dash, but this would entail putting holes in dash. This something I didn't want to do when I first designed for my car. But since most pods in the after market would require permanent mods to dash, perhaps this is something to consider.

I would prefer some kind of 3M option, no drilling, but given the temps. the dash can see sometimes I understand that may be tough as well. If it's something where the finished product looks like it belongs there though or flows with the rest of the dash I wouldn't be opposed to a few small holes being made.

New gauges have arrived and are installed, all went well with install. Have a small issue that I hope a little research or autometer will be able to help correct, for some reason my boost gauge doesn't auto calibrate correctly.

3ecf1ea1.jpg

Edit: Issue resolved, Gauges cannot be wired to a power source thats interrupted while starting. I will post a thread on which fuse slot I used in the near future, I found one that works but gauges only come once started. Hoping to find a better source that allows the gauges to come on in accessory mode, but doesn't interrupt when starting.

Archived