Ecoboost Owner Forums

Gauge Pod

From what my mechanic pal found out from his connect through Ford, he was told that "fuel is a p.i.t.a., there is no fitting".

So given that, my pal suggested going with the other gauges.

I don't have any more info on this as of right now. Due to V-Day, him and I were both running short on time.

I'll try to inquire a better explanation when I speak with him next and then re-post. I don't plan on pestering him anymore until the gauges all come in, and I am ready to schedule an install on both the gauges, and the meth kit.

So plan on it being a couple of weeks most likely.

If anyone else had some info, or speculation's on this, great! :thumb:

If not, well Chris, you're out of luck until I get a better reply from my pal.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, here are the pics with the angled rings. And thanks Chris for allowing me the option to pay for the one to trial and error on, much appreciated. I went ahead and modded mine carefully and it turned out great. Hell, I even praised you on Facebook but I guess you aren't on my friends list yet. lol! The Lightning guys so far have loved it as I guess the SHO group hasn't seen it yet. Thanks again for the dash pod.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]142[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]143[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]144[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]145[/ATTACH]

post-45-142532286323_thumb.jpg

post-45-142532286327_thumb.jpg

post-45-14253228633_thumb.jpg

post-45-142532286334_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looksie Looksie what Federal Express dropped off for me today:

My Officially Licensed Ford Racing Series Gauges from AutoMeter!

FRSGaugesDelivered022812.jpg

So I have already reached out to my mechanic friend to arrange an install date for these, as well as my Alky Controls/LMS Full Meth Injection Kit and he has tentatively told me he'd like to get my car in the shop by either Monday or Tuesday next week!

How very cool to finally see yet another project (or in this case, two projects) come to completion :thumb:

Super stoked :boom:

Chris..if I can help with advertising.. I must say that the 1st run Guage pod is great quality and if I had another SHO I would definitely order...thanks for the hard work..

For anyone thinking of buying one of these Guage pods, don't wait, these are definitely quality a quality item that will set your SHO apart from others..

Well, my mechanic friend is trying his best to cut down his work load for next week. He's currently wrap'n up misc repairs as it pertains to other customers and doing so this week.

Additionally, he is still trying to secure me a loaner vehicle so we can get rock'n on the Meth Kit, and Gauge Install.

We are now slated to do these projects next week. Either way, I did at the very least, install the gauges themselves into crash712us's wonderful gauge pod.

Here's a pic:

FRSGaugesInstalledInPod.jpg

Thanks Chris for making this wonderful, one-of-a-kind gauge pod. Exclusively unique to our late model SHO's

BTW, for those who don't know, mine is officially autographed by Chris and is #2 in the series!

I also wanted to say thanks to Taurus Builder for obtaining the very rare, and extremely difficult to obtain face plate material, that is a direct, OEM match to the face material on the psgr side dash (above the glove box) as well as the face plate material surrounding the instrument panel.

Very cool of both of you fella's :thumb:

I'm think'n about modifying Chris's gauge pod only slightly, and am contemplating drilling a small hole, large enough to fit the LED indicator for the priming/spraying LED that comes with the Meth Kit.

I'm visualizing placing it in the lower portion of the pod, below, and inbetween the 1st (farthest left) and the 2nd (center) gauge.

In my opinion only, I think this will be a better place for it, rather than where I've seen it installed in other SHO owner's rides.

Looks good Mark...

That's ok, I'm bad with names too :doh:

On a side note, mjhpadi, this now makes a 2nd occurrence, I may have to change my birth certificate if this happens a third time :behindsofa:

Mike (sometimes referred to as Mark) :thumb:

That's ok, I'm bad with names too :doh:

On a side note, mjhpadi, this now makes a 2nd occurrence, I may have to change my birth certificate if this happens a third time :behindsofa:

Mike (sometimes referred to as Mark) :thumb:

Sorry about that "MIKE" IPAD keystroke issues

I modified my gauge pod slightly.....

I opted to install the 2 Stage LED (looks clear when off) for my Alky Controls / LMS Full Meth Injection Kit into my gauge pod itself.

This LED lights up green and then red to let the driver know when the meth pump is priming and then spraying.

The 2nd LED (looks red even when off) for the low tank sensor I also chose to install into the pod as well.

I am using the OEM washer tank for the 100% Methanol which already has a low tank sensor on it. The kit supplied to me by LMS has an additional low tank sensor for the relocated washer tank.

We will be re-wiring the OEM sensor into this red LED in the pod as it's pictured below, and then we will use the wires from the OEM low tank sensor and wire it into the normal idiot light that appears in the OEM instrument cluster.

I have seen a couple of set up's from other owners here that placed these LED's elsewhere, but for me personally, I thought for my application alone, that these locations were the best....

Take a look for yourselves and lemme know whatcha y'all think:

ModifiedGaugePodWithLED.jpg

Chris..if I can help with advertising.. I must say that the 1st run Guage pod is great quality and if I had another SHO I would definitely order...thanks for the hard work..

For anyone thinking of buying one of these Guage pods, don't wait, these are definitely quality a quality item that will set your SHO apart from others..

I am interested, is there a price for the unit? Is this the only option, or can you request different gauges ie, oil temp, oil pressure, boost?

Pappy, Chris only makes the gauge pod, and then you select and buy the gauges. Most of us have chosen Auto Meter gauges because of the high quality. I on the other hand have still not made a final decision on which model of gauge from Auto Meter that I want, or what I want as a 3rd gauge, hence the reason mine have not been installed. There are a large variety of gauges available from Auto Meter which make the choice a bit tougher. At this point I am leaning towards either the Ford Racing gauges or the Elite series, with a boost/vacuum gauge, oil pressure, and I really undecided about the 3rd gauge, thinking about water temp, but still undecided. Hope this helps. FYI, the gauge pod is awesome, looks great, Chris did a great job with them, you won't regret getting one!

Mark, I'm interested in hearing that as well.....

I am by no means a mechanic, but yet a mere enthusiast who possesses a semi-better working knowledge of mechanics versus the average person/car owner out there.

I do rely pretty heavily on those who know a lot more about this stuff than I.

That being said, and hoping not to have to modify my gauge order a 2nd time, I did take into account Scrming's post, and reached out and consulted with my mechanic pal yet again (after shop hours to, but he didn't seem to mind).

Anyhow, he acknowledged that the narrow band AFR may not be AS accurate as a wideband, but he added that the narrow band will suffice.

Mostly because I won't be playing around with my tunes at all. I rely on the wonderful staff at LMS to hammer down the parameters on those.

My pal also said that a wideband is slightly more complicated in that I guess there's a need for some type of 3rd sensor installed somewhere within the exhaust (stream?) :noidea:

He did say that for my purposes, the narrow band would be fine as it would provide just enough information to clue me in as to whether or not something hanky is goin on under the hood.

I didn't ask him to go into details mind you, as like I said, it's his day off and what not, but I will try to obtain some type of "crash course" in this stuff when we go to install them.

In the interim Mark, like you, I'm all open to further discussion and explanations on the subject matter. I like learning new things about car stuff, whether that be aesthetics, or performance based :thumb:

bpd I be just a little bit more of a mechanic than you. I do some of my on work but my supperviser ( who got 450 hp fox body Mus.) total me two days ago to add a AFR not the water gauage in the pod. but I didn't know what it did. I read Mark link and AFR can tell you lots nice to know things but a norrowband is more like hi/low go-nogo light, wideband give you #s from 1-100. With us not tuning our cars it not a big deal but if the #ers are not looking right at the track you will know to take it home before somthing brakes. I like your trans temp better for that same reason. I think Boost,Trans temp.,& AFR are the gauages to have but you need that Meth reader.

Hey guys I thought I would do a little refresh on the gauge pods to show what is available. These pods will fit all taurus's 2010-2012 and possibly 2013 I will see if Rick at LMS will let me do a test fit. Below is the black face plate pod that has similar pattern so center console on sho, for those who have don't sho's I am sure I could replicate your center console. No gauges are included

539f58a1.jpg

This pod shown is with the woven aluminum trim and the face plate is cut from the same material as the aluminum trim in our cars.

CIMG0083.jpg

So if you are interested getting on my list, or prices. please email at crash712us@att.net. As I would like to start collecting deposits for. This build will only be 10-15 pods, and I can't be certain if there will be a 3rd run of. Due to usable life span of the silicon rubber mold that they are casted from.

Archived