• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#141 mjhpadi

mjhpadi

Super Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

Doors look great, heck the entire thing looks great! 

2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Stage 4+ Tune, Airaid CAI, MGP Caliper Covers, LED Interior Lights, Trunk, License Plate, Puddle Lamps, Front Marker Lights, Tinted Taillights & Headlights, Rearranged Trunk Badging, LED Driving Lights, Triton Switchback Running Lights

#142 bpd1151

bpd1151

Administrator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:47 PM

I'm old. I like geeky controls, and knobs, etc.

The tactile feel of them. The visual fluff (besides the mere functionality) etc.

And........ Brian...... I know, I know...... ticking clocks. The bain of my existence. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
  • SHOdded likes this

th_BPD1-2_filtered.jpg

2010 SHO (#690 of 1,064) WORLD's HIGHEST Horsepower Ecoboost SHO!! 617AWHP 608AWTQ! Mod's here: http://www.hkmediach...!sponsored/cnos

#143 mval

mval

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:24 AM

looks great mike, can't wait to see the doors lite. since only lightly in the stereo way beyond my meager knowledge. but agree after not driving sho a while as i do as well but usually no more than ever 2 or 3 weeks, appreciate what a good car she is.have fun in carlisle.

• SHOdded likes this

'10 SHO, LME 4+ 93 tune, 160 tst, 3 bar map, MD Design CAI, Borla cat-back exhaust, 2 10inch Alpine E's W/ Alpine M500 amp, Custom Headrests, 35/20 tinting, EBC phase 4 slotted brakes w/MGP calipher covers, crash's pod w/evo gauges,vertini 20" custom wheels w/conti dws's, ppe catted dp's, hydrodipped engine bay

#144 SHOdded

SHOdded

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:29 AM

Filth we can deal with, but when you have to replace original parts unnecessarily, there is just that extra bit of hurt inside.

Yes, you should always return to stock tune and 2 bar MAP when taking your car in to the dealer for service!!!
  • bamsho likes this

#145 mjhpadi

mjhpadi

Super Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

looks great mike, can't wait to see the doors lite. since only lightly in the stereo way beyond my meager knowledge. but agree after not driving sho a while as i do as well but usually no more than ever 2 or 3 weeks, appreciate what a good car she is.have fun in carlisle.

Mike V, you could see the doors lit up if only you would throw caution to the wind and come to Carlisle...not to late to book a flight to Harrisburg, I would gladly me you at the airport and share my motel room with you!

2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Stage 4+ Tune, Airaid CAI, MGP Caliper Covers, LED Interior Lights, Trunk, License Plate, Puddle Lamps, Front Marker Lights, Tinted Taillights & Headlights, Rearranged Trunk Badging, LED Driving Lights, Triton Switchback Running Lights

#146 bpd1151

bpd1151

Administrator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:31 PM

Filth we can deal with, but when you have to replace original parts unnecessarily, there is just that extra bit of hurt inside.

Meh...... not worried about it quite honestly. It's all part of the modification game. Can't expect everything to go right, 100% of the time. Stuff happens.

Looks great Mike, can't wait to see the doors lit.

Well there my fellow Michael, knowing you're not making appearance at Carlisle, and me not wanting to keep a fellow SHO owner hanging/waiting in the balance/suspense.....

I'll scratch your itch with a couple of (better) pics of the doors illuminated (even though Mark's keen eyes did pick up on the illumination in the originals I posted).

To that end my friend, here you go:

DSC_6270_zpsmjrscwbn.jpg

DSC_6271_zpsiwnjsdmw.jpg

DSC_6272_zpsfe6livnj.jpg

DSC_6273_zps7ucuqbb6.jpg

DSC_6274_zps3slnd1bu.jpg

• SHOdded and ShoBoat like this

th_BPD1-2_filtered.jpg

2010 SHO (#690 of 1,064) WORLD's HIGHEST Horsepower Ecoboost SHO!! 617AWHP 608AWTQ! Mod's here: http://www.hkmediach...!sponsored/cnos

#147 Gjkrisa

Gjkrisa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:33 PM

Damn I knew the speakers were going to be illuminated but the junk pocket too that's nice!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#148 mjhpadi

mjhpadi

Super Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:00 PM

Wow, just freakin' WOW!

#149 bpd1151

bpd1151

Administrator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:32 PM

Lol..... thnx fella's.....

I'd like your posts in return, but apparently I've reached my quota or something. Gggrrrrrr.

But glad y'all like.

th_BPD1-2_filtered.jpg

#150 mval

mval

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:53 AM

mike looks great. you've gone all the way on your machine that's for sure. glad i don' have to pay the bill. mark really do appreciate the offer but when i come i want to bring my sho. it's not in mike's league, but does ok in stl area. won 1st place last weekend fairly good size show this early in season, but was a beaut of day. 1990+ stock class. lots of competition, couple caddy v's, caddy xlr, who usually wins the class afterall it's an upgraded 80k vette, g8, gto & 3 chargers & couple bmw's. luckily vette's,pony,camaro's & chally had their own class. somewhat a surprise because our area is very provincial. this show was over in ill part of our area & being from that area know they don't like MO people just a complex but very real. so was indeed a surprise. i know i had the better display but car shows are just as political as govt politics, so you just have to be tough skinned & enjoy comradeship of fellow club members & if you get a trophy that's just a cherry on top. getting lots of heat from mopar people though to stop showing the sho & bring out the new chally. but that's not going to happen. only 1 sho around, but lots & & lots of chally although have worked on getting her up to show level. just showing  a dd is just a ton of work & may show her when ford club goes to another show, but that's it.

'10 SHO, LME 4+ 93 tune, 160 tst, 3 bar map, MD Design CAI, Borla cat-back exhaust, 2 10inch Alpine E's W/ Alpine M500 amp, Custom Headrests, 35/20 tinting, EBC phase 4 slotted brakes w/MGP calipher covers, crash's pod w/evo gauges,vertini 20" custom wheels w/conti dws's, ppe catted dp's, hydrodipped engine bay

#151 bpd1151

bpd1151

Administrator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:54 AM

Well, took the SHO back to the shop yesterday, and they repaired the bolt that holds the door hinge/catch thingy AND they also installed the Lockpick.

Which means she's now done in her entirety.

Now I just have to figure out how to use the damn Lockpick. Lol. I'm suffering from user error/user stupidity. Lol.

They also rewired the one amp that powers the 12" subs, as they originally had it powered to the trunk lid relay, which apparently is a data type of line, so what was happening was, the amp would cut out and/or the power would fluctuate.

They explained they were originally intending on the 12's to only come on when the trunk lid was open, as it was pointless really to have the sound bouncing around in the trunk exclusively, as those corner enclosures are not ported anywhere. So well intended, but not well executed in reality. Oh well.

Anyhow, I did learn an interesting fact while there.... the audio tuner advised that he purposely has the amps only turned up approximately 1/4 of the way.

This surprised me, because the couple of times I have cranked it up, holy hell, the bass alone makes breathing a lil awkward cuz it hits so hard. The sound is so damn crisp/clear to. Super impressed.

Those of you who will hear it in person, will also be impressed. All others who've heard it locally, are in awe. Just shake their head in disbelief.

So that said, once I have surpassed my required, 20hr. break in period, the audio tuner told me to return to the shop, so they can turn up the power on those amps and really see what she's made of.

I might poopy myself at that point! Bwahahahaha.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend, and for those attending the 2017 Ford Nationals, see y'all soon!!

• SHOdded and Gjkrisa like this

th_BPD1-2_filtered.jpg

#152 dxlnt1

dxlnt1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:13 PM

Awesome job there Mike! Looks great. Im jealous lol.

I showed Sam some of the earlier pics. Will show total finished product to him.

Question, since trunk relay idea didn't materialize, (I don't understand them powering amp from trunk) both the 12's and the 15's fire all the time now?

Maybe they can use the the trunk light to switch on the amp. They may have to install a relay as it should only be a switch on/off and not actual power.

Do you leave rear seat folded down?

Any nuisance glare from all the lights on in cabin?

#153 bpd1151

bpd1151

Administrator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 09:21 PM

Subs fire all the time now.

I do not leave the rear seat folded down. I pull it down briefly, just to show curious onlookers, but then return them to their respective, upright position(s).

I do get nuisance glare off the 6x9's on that rear parcel tray. Annoying but meh, I'll get over it.

Hope Sam enjoyed the pics. The sound is pretty damn impressive. Those 15's hit hard!

th_BPD1-2_filtered.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users