Ecoboost Owner Forums

New Guy from St Louis area.

Kolk1

My name is Kevin, im currently selling my car to pick up a SHO Taurus. Found a couple im interested in that are 2010s or 2011 with around 30k miles for under 25,000. Seems to be a pretty good deal.

This will be my 24th vehicle, and im only 32. Im selling a Genesis Coupe that doing a little over 300whp and 330wtq, I also just recently dropped the motor out of my ZX14 and hoping to break 300whp with it in spring. Should be fun. lol

Quick list of some of the vehicles ive had:

02 Camaro ran 11.1 @ 122

C5 Corvette did 527whp 544wtq

06 Daytona Charger

05 R1, 07 R6, 07 R1.

Couple Datsun 280zx's

Z32 300zx,

Couple Turbo civics

On and on and on. lol

Thats about it. Im hoping to buy a SHO within about week. The local best deal I found is a silver one with all black interior, but I found another one thats not as good as a deal (2nd in line, 5k more miles, same price and 700 miles away) but its the cinnamon color with black and brown interior, good god I love that color set up, I bet its a love hate color combo, but I love it. As soon as somebody pulls the trigger on buying my car im ready to buy. Got on person Ive been talking too for a couple weeks, his car just sold, so monday hes going to the bank to talk about a loan, and I have 3 other people that have said if I have it in 2 weeks, they'll buy it. So hopefully at least one of them doesnt flake. lol

I do car audio install for a living, have always love power cruisers, so my short term plans when I get a SHO is a reflash, and some type of intake, or new air filter depending on what my research leads me to find. Honestly that will probably be it for performance. Stereo will be reworked(Sound Quality setup, not a knock the block system) probably do Dynaudio Components on a Zapco Amplifier, with probably a 10inch Hertz or Treo sub. Also, window tint will be within the first week. I normally do 35 front 20 in the rear, but kinda debating on trying to find possibly a 28 or 30, and just do the same all around. But im not sure they make it. lol Also as with all my cars, a Viper 2 way Alarm/remote start will be on the short list as well.

Besides the tune that everybody raves about and basically says set it to 4 and forget about it, I want to keep the car as quiet as possible for daily driving, so I dont think ill tamper with the exhaust at all.

I guess anything else, just ask. I can talk a lot, and normally have plenty of free time.

Oh, one quick question I havent really seen anybody talk about yet. Can a 2013 front grill go on a 10 or 11? I like the large solid black grill better.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard :welcome:

I can think of a few members off hand who are beginning to venture into the realm of after market audio (for their SHO's) so i'm positive your expertise will be put to task here.

The 2013 grille will NOT fit any of the prior model years (unless of course you purchase the entire front clip as well).

The design / shape is different, that;s why not.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

W

The 2013 grille will NOT fit any of the prior model years (unless of course you purchase the entire front clip as well).

Well crap, I havent looked at them side by side. Do they make a black gill that looks like the 13 that fits the 10-12s? I just found this site about 15 minutes ago, so my searching has just begun. lol

It wont take long after I get the car to start pulling it apart, deaden the doors and trunk, and start replacing stuff. I currently have 0 first hand experience with the car, but stripping it down, and figuring it all out, doesnt bother me at all. lol

Mobsteel makes a nice set up as far as grilles go for the 2010's thru 2012's.

I think there are a few other vendors out there as well.....

The SHO interior comes apart fairly easy. Keep doing some research here, and you'll find lots of stuff to pique your curiousity.

Mike :yo:

:welcome:Glad you've joined us. I will say this about the Cinnamon color - it is the rarest of all SHO colors and with the two tone seats it's even rarer. If you can get that car, it certainly will be one of the most rare SHO's. Anyway, good luck with getting the new car, and keep us updated as your search goes on.

:welcome:Glad you've joined us. I will say this about the Cinnamon color - it is the rarest of all SHO colors and with the two tone seats it's even rarer. If you can get that car' date=' it certainly will be one of the most rare SHO's. Anyway, good luck with getting the new car, and keep us updated as your search goes on.[/quote']

Hmm, if thats true, I want it even more.

This is the cinnamon one thats 2nd on my list as far as price/miles go.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2013&zip=62002&ownerId=569799&listingType=all&sellerType=b&maxPrice=25000&listingId=328031898&modelCode1=TAURUS&driveCode=4WD%7CAWD&startYear=2010&makeCode1=FORD&maxMileage=45000&searchRadius=500&minPrice=22000

Mobsteel makes a nice set up as far as grilles go for the 2010's thru 2012's.

Looks like thats the one you have right? Id have to see it with the grill blacked out, and possibly due to size of it, still fit a Ford emblem to the center of the grill. Who knows, ill keep looking into it. lol

Yep, definitely love acceleration, but with building the bike, I dont need 2 projects. So thats why Im looking to go back to a power cruiser, and just have the bike as the main project.

What sucks, is with only a reflash, the SHO should be faster than my Genesis. I mean, the genesis is doing great power compared to stock, but it took a ton of money to get it there. Right now compared to my buddies, the Genesis is trapping about 106, so it kinda sucks, but in a good way, all I need is a reflash to be at the same acceleration or better with the SHO. And the fact its AWD and a automatic, theres not really any thinking, or really any variables, and honestly the Genesis is hard to get a good 60foot time out of it, and the gears are pretty short. Thats fine for the 180whp it did stock, but at over 300whp, they just go by too quick. Gotta shift too much, too quick.

This is the SHO ill probably buy, $25,000 and 24xxx miles, and its only about 1/2 hour from me. My only concern is the description, he just copied and pasted it from somewhere, and it talks about 2010s and 2011s, and even talks about the performance package. So I really have no idea whats going on with it right now. One buyer seems like shes going to pull the trigger in a couple days, so when I get the word for her, then ill start calling people to ask questions.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2013&zip=62002&listingType=all&ownerId=67419057&sellerType=b&maxPrice=25000&listingId=325916590&modelCode1=TAURUS&startYear=2010&makeCode1=FORD&searchRadius=500&minPrice=22000

ahh the memories. I did the whole car audio wracket (term used affectionatly) from 1988 to about 1995. Used to be MECP certified and competed on the IASCA circuit.

When you get old and married with kids, you transfer your obsession and monies into home electronics instead of the car stuff :)

im 32 and married, no kids yet. And yes, I am big into home theater. I currently have a full Klipsch surround sound, yamaha receiver, 50 inch Panasonic G20 and had it professionally calibrated. lol

Still love the TV, but im looking at upgrading to some Energy CB20s all around, with the Energy large dual 6.5 center channel(cant remember the model number). Id love to do a set of Martin Logans, but with my current setup I dont have room for large towers. We are only planning on being in this house for another 3-4 years. So part of me wants to wait, and build the next system to fit the next house.

But yea, when it comes to Car audio, its all about SQ, Ive had to have surgury on my ears already to have them rebuild about 6 years ago, so ever since I dont do BIG systems anymore. Just pure SQ.

Welcome! The cinnamon with two tone interior does look nice. I would have gotten the Mayan grey inserts in mine if could have found one in my area, but no dice. I think it adds some warmth to the interior.

Quite an impressive list of previous rides there! 300 HP in a ZX14 must be insane! I have an '05 GSXR 750 as a toy also, but that's quite enough power for me . . . For now anyway!