Ecoboost Owner Forums

Engine Hood Vents For My SHO (Completed 05/25/12)

I came across this forumboard and found this thread after thinking about putting the same hood vents on my Crown Victoria.

Kudos to you for your very mean looking SHO bpd. I'm partially jealous I did not have the time or money to do something like this before hand (however if a 2013 heat extractor looks even better I might just go with that)

The reason I created an account is because of a little snippet you at the end of this thread.

Sorry to burst your bubble but you do not have a secondary intake location with this mod.

Let me reiterate.

When you are driving the air moving across the body of your vehicle creates low pressure.

As there is barely any air moving within the engine bay the condition within the engine bay is a higher pressure than the conditions outside.

Thus hot air will expel out of the vents you have created.

Unless if you are stationary air will not move into the engine bay from those vents as physics would not allow it.

Don't be disappointed. Due to the heat extracting vents your engine bay will have a significant decrease in temperature. I believe a 20-30F difference would be the approximate range. In other words you are having a '"Colder" Air Intake' than before.

My credentials for this statement: I am an Aerospace Engineering student. The fluid movement of air and the lack of is part of what I study for airfoils in wings.

Again Kudos to your SHO.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived