Ecoboost Owner Forums

Average age of SHO owners

mhenne4

Seems funny how as the age goes up the amount of owners seem to go down...surely this doesn't mean as I age that my interest is fast cars is going to dwindle? Gosh, I hope not. When I lost my love of fast cars, fast women, and scuba diving.....well, it's even too horrible to even think that way!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems funny how as the age goes up the amount of owners seem to go down...surely this doesn't mean as I age that my interest is fast cars is going to dwindle? Gosh' date=' I hope not. When I lost my love of fast cars, fast women, and scuba diving.....well, it's even too horrible to even think that way!![/quote']

Think just fewer of us old guys that survived the days of no seatbelts/no airbags/noESC/no wide boulevards-just twisted, winding, hilly, blind spot roads, and 22cents per gallon for "hi-test". GTO (1966) only car i ever had where at WOT I could watch speedometer increase and gas gauge go toward MT almost as fast. :RpS_biggrin:

Very cool how you presented those ages the way you did there DoubleC :thumb:

It makes it easy to read and understand.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Old chemistry teacher coming out in me. Now I see a new post from bobback. 39-doesn't alter the average by more than 0.1 years. Will need some significant outliers (very young/very old) to do that. But just like runs-more data helps. I know there aren't 7000+ 2010 owners showing here. I won't put all their ages in-job for mhenne4. Will try to keep up for a while.

Haha sorry mike for not getting the average' date=' someone already beat me to it. I've been slammed tryin to finish up my flight instructors license.[/quote']

You are forgiven, but good luck with the Instructor License, let us know when you get it finished!

39 here...haven't really received any grief for driving a Taurus...but when people ask what kind of car that is I simply say' date=' oh, it's a Taurus.............that has 365 hp![/quote']

It's funny I have used the same line and if you are talking to someone who isn't a car guy, it's amazing that the horsepower numbers just mean nothing to them. You could tell them it has 600 wigits and 900 muffler bearings and they would still have no idea what the heck you meant!:lol:

• 4 months later...
29. i love educating the ignorant about what the SHO does.

HA BIGFOOT, This is a old thread but it was a fun one. You are in oldest of the young group me I'm in the youngest of the old group. but we love "educating the ignorant about what the SHO does" :car::bolt::jaw: THE FASTEST TUNE ONLY SHO 12.669sec that's educating.LOL Glade to have you here. If you are a member of TCCA forum go over and vote for me for "CAR OF THE MONTH" Contest thanks

I know this is a thread revival, but you guys think it's hard educating folks on what an SHO does, at least most folks have heard of an SHO and most have some clue it is a performance vehicle. Like even non car guys/gals know that "SS" means something. Try educating folks about an "MKS Eco". I don't even try. It has no name recognition or heritage like the SHO.

Oh yeah, posted it before I think, but I am 43.

I know this is a thread revival, but you guys think it's hard educating folks on what an SHO does, at least most folks have heard of an SHO and most have some clue it is a performance vehicle. Like even non car guys/gals know that "SS" means something. Try educating folks about an "MKS Eco". I don't even try. It has no name recognition or heritage like the SHO.

Oh yeah, posted it before I think, but I am 43.

MKS... MKZ... MKwhat... oh it's a Lincoln! LOL Traded in my LS (280HP 3.55 rear), thought about the MKS but went with the SHO.

and I hit the half century mark this year. :crutch:

MKS... MKZ... MKwhat... oh it's a Lincoln! LOL

Right, MKT,MKZ,MKS,MKX. Terrible brand managment IMO. I am a car geek with a Lincoln and I really have to think of the right letters when I see an MK/X/Z/S/T on the road.... Navigator - that one is easy..... :)

Seems like Caddy is doing the same with thier ATS/CTS/XTS/SRX ....and Escalade.

Well thank you for everything you do sam.

As for the education of people, pain and embarrassment are the best teachers. If people start talking garbage I show them a SHO. I get nothing but compliments. I am still getting used to random people always around my car.

And it's good to see this thread. I made it when I was balls deep in my flight instructor training which im still very glad its over.

Fun times fun times

Funny you say that, I just finished assisting with a scuba instructor class and all the instructor candidates would say the same thing about their instructor training!

I'll try to up the average a bit...... 56.5 yrs.

Fortunate to own two other iconic Fords along with my new SHO.

CC4-9-11-1.jpg

CP2_1207.jpg

Very jealous. My friends dad has a '69 Boss 302 and I was at Summit Point when when a Ford engineer brought one of the GT prototypes for some hot laps before they were released. Love both those cars.

Archived