Ecoboost Owner Forums

Average age of SHO owners

mhenne4

Yeah, getting great gas mileage ain't all bad either, filled up yesterday and averaged 28.1 mpg on that tank! Plus having the power to leave most other cars in the dust is a real nice plus...all this and at age 60! Age is just a state of mind.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

27. I also get the "old man" comment from my friends, but they do call me "gramps" for other reasons. Of course, my car is the car that we take on trips though. Married and plan to have kids in a couple years, and since I wanted a new car, I chose something that would facilitate that well.

I like going form 0-45mph as fast i can. I get to SHOw-OFF leaving the gas station or where ever but they((the COPs)) hear no wheel spin(love AWD) and the RADAR ONLY SHOw's 45mph. the COPs know some thing happen but they don't know WHAT . :frusty::bounce:

I don't try to tease the cops, but I do love the rapid acceleration with no "drama"- No loud raucus, no spinning tires... :)

I've had several nice ride comments from people since I've had the car. Mostly from 50+ Caucasian people. The latest was a very old lady who parked in the handicap spot next to me in a Walmart parking lot.

Older americans love the Mothership sized cars, apparently. :D

I thought this was pretty great, talking about comments and such. Me and the wife were out to dinner last week with a few friends. As we pulled into the restaurant, I noticed a guy standing outside checking out my car. As we walked by, he asked what kind of car that is (since I have it debadged). I told him it was a newer Taurus SHO. His reply..."that's a Taurus?!"...haha, just like the commercials.

At age 75 it looks like I have you all beat !

I also have Drag Raced , Circle Track Raced ( Stock , Sprint , Midgets Racecars & Stock , C Gasers D Gaser Dragcars ).

Below are my present rides.

Topcat55:amen:

Love gasers and nostalgia drags. I bet you saw/drove some awesome cars back in the day.

At age 75 it looks like I have you all beat !

I also have Drag Raced , Circle Track Raced ( Stock , Sprint , Midgets Racecars & Stock , C Gasers D Gaser Dragcars ).

Below are my present rides.

Topcat55:amen:

Whew-thanks Topcat55. For a while thought I might have dubious distinction of being the old geezer here (take exception to word-old). Guess I can put away the cane and get the running shoes on-still lots to do. You are not old-just experienced.

I thought this was pretty great' date=' talking about comments and such. Me and the wife were out to dinner last week with a few friends. As we pulled into the restaurant, I noticed a guy standing outside checking out my car. As we walked by, he asked what kind of car that is (since I have it debadged). I told him it was a newer Taurus SHO. His reply..."that's a Taurus?!"...haha, just like the commercials.[/quote'] I have not debadged my car and I get the same question and when they see the FORD BIG BLUE they say FORD is doing it up right but what is it? And I say Taurus SHO the next word a WOW !?!?!?! :faint:

From the comments perspective... I've had a few twenty-somethings, just out of college-type guys comment positively on my SHO. One of them couldn't take his eyes off of it. The other one who is a buddy drove it and is thoroughly impressed, too. I'm also getting comments from the thirty's crowd.

Yeah-lots of positive comments. Within week of purchase-had an offer from guy in parking lot. Said I wasn't interested in selling car. He gave me is number and said to call-his wife said he was serious-apparently likes to buy cars, keep for a while and then resell or collect. Checked number/name-legit. Hmmmm. A 2013 PP would be nice.

Compilation:

23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 28, 29, 29, 29

32, 32, 32, 33, 33, 34, 34, 35, 35, 36, 36, 37, 39, 39, 39, 39

40, 41, 43, 43, 44, 44, 44, 45, 49, 49

50, 51, 52, 52, 54, 55

60, 65, 65, 69

71, 75

Most in 20s, 30s, 40s. Must be a young-uns game.

Average works out to 41.9 years.

Archived