Ecoboost Owner Forums

First one in the 11's!!! Oh yeah!!!

steve142857

Hahaha! I wanted you guys to think I made it in the 11's... Not yet. But, others that want to be the first in the 11's have until October to do so, because I will run, and here I call the shot:

11.98 sec. at 116.5mph in a month or month and a half from today.

That's the plan.

Cheers!

Steve

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bwahahahaha.....

You know, for just a very brief moment, the thought entered my mind to mod you thread title to reflect "First one in the 14's!!!".....

But I could just imagine the ensuing fodder....

Good luck Steve! Others, like me, will be fast on your heels.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

Bumpy bump... Just wanted to make sure this thread was ready for my post tomorrow! lol

Forecast: 62F, tailwind of 15mph and there will be glue on the track, because there is an event in the afternoon with powerful cars!

Oh yeah!!! Finally, the starts are aligned... We've had a great summer, sunny and hot; but there is a part of me happy that it is cooling down ; )

The only factor not cooperating for tomorrow will be the humidity... It is now 85F and very humid. Severe thunders are expected with rain this night but it is supposed to clear up tomorrow with rather strong winds... I just hope that the asphalt won't be expeeling the excess of humidity over the track tomorrow... Anyways, I will have a great time, it's been too long I have been racing... Only one time since Detroit in June!!!

... To get in the 11's!

SO!SO!SO! You well get 11's BUT I'M STILL THE FASTEST TUNE ONLY AT 95deg.&higher temp.:heh::tongue1: In Nov the last track day will be fri 14, And the hope it well be in the 80's and I'll join the 12sec CLUB.:car::tea: "WE FELL THE NEED FOR SPEED" YOU GO MAN-YOU GO REAL FAST.

Sorry guys!

Didn't happen...

The stars weren't as aligned as expected, but nevertheless I had my best run so far: 12.29 sec. at 115.6 mph!

I couldn't have very good 60', from 1.84 to 1.91... All my 5 runs were between 12.29 (two times) and 12.34 all between 113mph and almost 116mph.

The DA was a good 447 feet... But the wind changed directions to hit sideways instead of tailwind...So I guess it will be more difficult than expected to reach the 11's! But the beauty here up north is that I should get some tuns with negative DA!!! lol

I ran against a 2010 stock CTS-V (poor driver that couldn't launch his car with better than 2.5's 60') that ran 13.5 sec at 111 mph

a stock 2007 auto Corvette was running steady 13.5's with 2.08 60'

A modded Lexus IS-F was runninf 12.7-12.8 at 116mph with 2.0x 60'

I tried to film a few runs, but couldn't do as many runs as usual because there was a big lineup of about 30-40 minutes between runs.

Next time I go, I hope there won't be as many cars and will put ice on the intake and will film more runs against interesting cars with good drivers (not like de CTS-V)...

Thanks for the cheerings!

Steve

What was the temp up there today? No shame in a 12.29, in fact that is great! Before this stage 5 guys were only getting down to 12.2 in optimal conditions, and really I remember times from Darreli in the 12.2s.

Keep at it! The air is getting cooler every week, I still expect somebody to hit 11.9 this year.

What was the temp up there today? No shame in a 12.29, in fact that is great! Before this stage 5 guys were only getting down to 12.2 in optimal conditions, and really I remember times from Darreli in the 12.2s.

Keep at it! The air is getting cooler every week, I still expect somebody to hit 11.9 this year.

... To get in the 11's!

PAUL STAGE 5!!!!! is that another name for the stage 4+ or is that the tune for the METH guys?

Steve, Doing all your tips I when to the 1/8mi track just for fun(40min from the house vs 2hr40min to 1/4mi). I got MAZDA-IZE I whip a MAZDA 6 V6 like he sold somthing twices then his BIG BROTHER in a dragstrip ONLY RX7 (1800LB,NOIS,245/50 DRAG SLICKS,PLEXIC GLASS WINDOWS) HE revenge whip me like I HAD BEAT his MOM.LOL

. :behindsofa: :RpS_crying:

Shoman what was your 1/8 times like? I am closer to an 1/8 also but havent been for a while.

Steve like several of the guys on here is now running a new tune everybody is calling Stage 5. It can not be delivered with an SCT, only the MyCal because of the number of parameters the MyCal can change. Stage 5 is for the methanol injected cars.

Last weekend a couple guys ran with it. I remember reading in the post that with Stage 4+ they were getting 12.4's and with Stage 5 12.2's so it appears to be good for about 2 tenths in the 1/4.

Sorry guys!

Didn't happen...

The stars weren't as aligned as expected, but nevertheless I had my best run so far: 12.29 sec. at 115.6 mph!

I couldn't have very good 60', from 1.84 to 1.91... All my 5 runs were between 12.29 (two times) and 12.34 all between 113mph and almost 116mph.

The DA was a good 447 feet... But the wind changed directions to hit sideways instead of tailwind...So I guess it will be more difficult than expected to reach the 11's! But the beauty here up north is that I should get some tuns with negative DA!!! lol

I ran against a 2010 stock CTS-V (poor driver that couldn't launch his car with better than 2.5's 60') that ran 13.5 sec at 111 mph

a stock 2007 auto Corvette was running steady 13.5's with 2.08 60'

A modded Lexus IS-F was runninf 12.7-12.8 at 116mph with 2.0x 60'

I tried to film a few runs, but couldn't do as many runs as usual because there was a big lineup of about 30-40 minutes between runs.

Next time I go, I hope there won't be as many cars and will put ice on the intake and will film more runs against interesting cars with good drivers (not like de CTS-V)...

Thanks for the cheerings!

Steve

Congrats on the new PB!! WOOHOO!! And you anytime you can drive home under your own power, that's a GREAT DAY!!

Archived