Ecoboost Owner Forums

2013 fender vents on a 2010 SHO

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if you were to leave ITT, I would still re-iterate what someone else posted here previously....

That is, I wonder if our EBF Supporting Vendor (Unleashed Tuning owner Torrie McPhail) wouldn't be able to supply these items through his FPN (Fast Parts Network) ?

Worth a shot..... maybe PM him the part #'s and proceed from there?

Even if you were to leave ITT, I would still re-iterate what someone else posted here previously....

That is, I wonder if our EBF Supporting Vendor (Unleashed Tuning owner Torrie McPhail) wouldn't be able to supply these items through his FPN (Fast Parts Network) ?

Worth a shot..... maybe PM him the part #'s and proceed from there?

I'm sure Unleashed Tuning will be my lifeline after I move for hard to get parts. Ther is a small Ford Dealer in Columbus Mississippi, my final destination. However the last time I was through there I was not impressed on any level by that dealer. I'll be spending about 4 months in San Antonio first so what I can't get done here I'll try to do there before I'm banished.

Got a call from my dealer confirming the price of $53 per. I ordered them. They estimated delivery at 3 days. See what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dealer confirmed the same price to me but they offer a military discount so I'm getting them for $45 each. Should also be about a 2-3 day turn around.

Hey guys,

Went to the dealer after work yesterday. They still said they did not display them in the computer and are not listed anywhere.

Then I told him that some are at least showing up on other systems and but showing not available.

He got someone else involved and the info to me now is they will have some this Friday and to come by then to buy.

I asked if I could buy now and just come by later to pick up, he said no that they will need to punch in the part number manually before purchase.

At least it is progress. Still no price thou.

Can't believe the issue some of you guys are running into getting these things. It has to be a demographic issue when it comes to parts being available, pricing, etc. Funny thing was, I heard the same stories about pricing, availability, vendor issues, etc. Least they keep the same story there huh?

Went to the dealer after work yesterday.

They still said they did NOT display them in the computer and are not listed anywhere.

He got someone else involved and the info to me now is they will have some this Friday and to come by then to buy.

I asked if I could buy now and just come by later to pick up, he said no that they will need to punch in the part number manually before purchase.

At least it is progress. Still no price though.

I came across a similar experience when I was ordering those parts for my Auxiliary Trans Cooler.

My guys dug, and dug, and dug, found them......

But then had to go to a different database for pricing. Some of the prices were listed, others weren't.

Ultimately they had to "punch it in" manually as well.

Kind of the price you pay if you wanna be the 1st on the block with the newest toys I suppose.

I came across a similar experience when I was ordering those parts for my Auxiliary Trans Cooler.

My guys dug, and dug, and dug, found them......

But then had to go to a different database for pricing. Some of the prices were listed, others weren't.

Ultimately they had to "punch it in" manually as well.

Kind of the price you pay if you wanna be the 1st on the block with the newest toys I suppose.

Kinda glad to hear this.

I was really thinking these guys where just trying to get rid of me last nite cuz I wouldn't take no for an answer.

SO.... Maybe, Friday will be a good day.

My vents have arrived. They are the right ones. I'm going to pick them up right now. I was asked to find out if my dealer would do mail order and the answer is yes. If any of you would like to order your SHO vents at $53 per plus shipping and applicable taxes....the phone number is 518-399-9188. The dealer name is Terry Morris Ford. Ask for parts.

I got my vents and they popped on so easily I couldn't believe it. They look great. Any body calling my parts department to order might find it useful to ask for Ward in the Parts Dept since he knows all the hoops to jump through to get these from Ford.

[ATTACH]570[/ATTACH]

post-279-142532286995_thumb.jpg

Yesterday, Dave the parts guy calls and says your SHO vents are in...WHAT?. I didn't know I ordered them...Oh I thought you'd want them so I went ahead and ordered them...Great, thanks, How much?...I don't know, I'll let you know when I get the price from Ford. I'll make it right with you, maybe even FREE, I don't care.

What a great dealership! If the price is right I'll post it and he said he would honor for anyone. Hell they even mounted them for me at no cost and they are spectacular (to quote a Sienfeld episode).

Fairway Ford, Freeport, IL

Yesterday, Dave the parts guy calls and says your SHO vents are in...WHAT?. I didn't know I ordered them...Oh I thought you'd want them so I went ahead and ordered them...Great, thanks, How much?...I don't know, I'll let you know when I get the price from Ford. I'll make it right with you, maybe even FREE, I don't care.

What a great dealership! If the price is right I'll post it and he said he would honor for anyone. Hell they even mounted them for me at no cost and they are spectacular (to quote a Sienfeld episode).

I'm having no luck locally. Definitely let us know what they charge you. :)

Geez...I wish I can find a dealer like that here in SoCal!!

They only had the two. Just called them. Said they can order more. Call them. 866-514-4981. Alex.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OK They are In. What a SNAP! Instant upgrade.

Here are some pic's, Dirt and all from the work week.......

2012-05-17_19-04-40_372.jpg

2012-05-17_19-04-59_732.jpg

Archived