Ecoboost Owner Forums

Car wrap with 3M vinyl

Thanks all!

I have a rental since this morning and am waiting for the expert to do an estimate. I still don't know if I am going to ask for a cheque payment or have it repaired with the estimate... If ever I receive a cheque, the rental is at my charges, otherwise I could have a rental the equivalent of the Taurus. So, not knowing, I went with an in between and rented an Avenger SXT 4 cyl. At least it is red with sport mags... I should drive it at least a week at 40$ a day... I'll know more in about 2 days when the expert will have inspected the damages...

Chris: I am still hesitating what I will do in terms of under color... If done with the estimate, I will have it painted in black, If I receive a cheque, I might save on the paint and just wrap it and if it is the case, I will see the cost to paint a quick blue under the wrap so that rock chips won't show.

I want to make sure it looks very nice and that it can resist, so that I can show you guys the car this summer!

Cheers! : )

aww crap

yeah steve i know your pain on the front bumper... seems the factory gave everyone weak bumpers

platinum white the total was about $1400 for the front bumper skin to be replaced thats labour and everything turn around was 2-3 days

rental company was awesome they gave me a brand new yukon, never again lol i've never seen a gas needle move so fast while driving so slow

aww crap

yeah steve i know your pain on the front bumper... seems the factory gave everyone weak bumpers

platinum white the total was about $1400 for the front bumper skin to be replaced thats labour and everything turn around was 2-3 days

rental company was awesome they gave me a brand new yukon, never again lol i've never seen a gas needle move so fast while driving so slow

Yeah! When the gas needle moves faster than the speedometer! lol

So, finally, I have a very good insurance company. They will cover everything, no argues at all, I only need to pay the franchise that is 350$...

Total cost was about like this (going from memory as I don't have the bill in front of me, but I looked at it) :

Bumper 375$

Lower Grill 300$

«Fog light with casing» 115$

Hood and bumper alignment = 1 hour labor at about 100$ an hour

Painting the bumper (3 coats, 2 clear plus baking) = 375$

Plus other clips and behind bumper parts = 135$

For a total of 1,400$ plus taxes = 1,607$

Then, the wrapping will be fully covered too (haven't seen the estimate yet for that part, but should be as follows):

Material = 215$

Plasti dip can= 20$

Labor = 6 hours at 50$ an hour = 300$

Total of 535$ plus taxes = 615$

Then, the car rental for about 9 days at about 40$ a day = 360$

So, the total comes at about 2,600$... So, I won't complain having to pay 350$ of franchise! Also, I was told that it won't affect my insurance premiums for the future. Completely forgiven for the first time... Yeah!

NOW :

While I was at the dealer, I talked with the President (my client for whom I manage his retirement account) and am trying to convince him to sponser me. My proposal:

Install the Shelby Hood vents (like BpdMike and Casper) for free in exchange of putting their website on my back window...

Hey, even if I end up looking like a Nascar, I find it cool that companies are willing to pay me thousands to sponsor the car and I find it a cheap way to get cool mods!

I will keep you posted when I'll know if I was convincing enough!

Cheers!

aww crap

Sorry to thread jack but I'm sure I pass your car in the driveway almost everyday. Facing Orleans blvd? Winter wheels are nice.

• 2 weeks later...

So, the bumper will be covered with the blue vinyl in about a week, Friday the 22nd it should be ready...

The following week, I will join the club of the hood vents. I received them this morning and will have them installed the following week.

I took a quick picture of how it would look... I didn't take the picture of the whole car, because it doesn't look too nice with the black bumper.

So, here is a sneak peak:

[ATTACH]1718[/ATTACH]

I wanted to add something on that hood. I didn't want to go with another decal, so that will be a nice addition!

post-379-142532290303_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532290303_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments so far. I will be leaving them in black... to start at least. If I would want them in blue, it would be difficult to wrap in vinyl, costy and I don't know if doable to look perfect. Also, I find that the hood is very big and beside the TWIN TURBO decals, it is missing somthing. That would complete well the hood, respect the black and blue theme and be functional at the same time... In about two weeks, I should have everything completed and will make sure to post pictures, like I always do!

Cheers!

Steve' date=' the vents look awesome, and they look great in black. The more I see of this mod the more it is something I am considering, although I still am not sure what color would look best with the red car.[/quote']

If you keep your car with chrome, I would keep the hood vents in red. the fact that they are functional, the openings will look black and should fit just right imo.

But if they become very popular' date=' maybe you could wait a few years and be the only one not vented! lol[/quote']

Haha true that. See im still in the camp that loves our hoods just with the SHO stripes down the center. It makes the "bulge" more pronounced.

My colors are silver with black mods and im thinking for me that throwing the vents on there would be too much. But then again they look sick on Bpd's white car, and honestly I think casper's red leds with his are just scary cool looking.

I really should save for meth addiction (car meth, not other :thumbup: )

You probably mean the pearl white Taurus with all chrome painted in plastidip matte black? There is BPDMike's car that has the white car with black that looks sick, but I believe he still has a bit of chrome on it. When you wrote that, I thought for a second that you were asking if anyone had tried to paint all the chrome with pearl white (because there is a matte pearl white plastidip)... That could be interesting too with my blue vinyl... but nahh! I prefer the black and blue! You should plastidip all your chrome and see for yourself... I am convinced it would look amazing... It would cost you less than 100$ to do the whole car and if you don't like it, you just peel it off with no damages!

• 9 years later...
On 1/14/2013 at 8:55 PM, steve142857 said:

We did the video/photo shoot tonight.

Since it's the winter, it's hard to keep the car clean and to find a nice spot to shoot at night.

However, we managed to get the car cleaned and went in a commercial parking.

I don't know when the editing of the shoot will be done, but meanwhile, here is a pic of new blue sho finally looking nice for the camera:

[ATTACH]1572[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1573[/ATTACH]

You can see their logos on both sides:

Vvividvinyl.com (material) and Vic-autos (the installer).

Looking forward to sharing the final video/photo shoot.

post-379-142532289741_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532289745_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532289741_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532289745_thumb.jpg

what is the name of this color ??????????